41| Calm Before The Storm

♡♡♡
Ace

It's been two days since we met Mr. Kim and we've decided to visit the hospital on Saturday which was the only visiting day they had. Every time my mind goes to the fact that they're both alive and yet left me alone it makes me want to instantly jump off the building but the woman beside me, the only one I love makes that thought wash away.

My mind wandered away filled with those thoughts as I stared at the city from the seat in my office. My back was facing the room as I let myself go. The room was quiet, though Pablo and Lilly were both unusually quiet today, it's not a surprise. The atmosphere at all the buildings of the company had been like that since my grandfather was admitted. The issue of who was going to take over was choking everyone.

It was strangling me the most. I mean I'm the one who's the original Winston and the name of the company is the Winston's company it's literally in the name that it's for me. Now, not only do I have to cross through the Jeffersons I also have to watch out for Carl who had already gotten on the good side of most of the workers and shareholders. I don't blame them though, heck I don't even know their names.

It is so not surprising that my grandfather hasn't been pronounced dead yet and the fight for the company has already begun. The investigation on the food poising had also begun. I was called in for questioning. I told them the truth that I barely saw the man talk less of having a meal or cooking a meal for him. The last time I saw him, he was having tea with Mrs. Manchester.

"Mr. Winston." Alexander's voice cut through my train of thought. I spun around to face him.

I wondered if I could trust Alex I mean he's like my Carl and look where that led me.

"I just got a call about Miss McKenna's presence. Should she be directed here?"

I nodded.

The room went silent again until a slight knock was heard on the door. I raised my hand to signify that I would answer it myself. While grabbing my suit from my seat I placed my phone in my trousers pocket and walked out. I swear I heard Lilly and Pablo and even Alexander let out a breath they'd been holding once I stepped out.

"Hey," Kenna said with a smile on her face and I forced a smile.

"Is everything okay?" She asked immediately, sensing my discomfort.

Nothing. Absolutely nothing was okay!

"Yeah, I'm just stressed," I told her and led her to a mini-meeting room at the end of the hall. She was skeptical but nodded anyways.

"So... how's my working attitude? It's been a week now. Well, it'll be a week tomorrow but still. What's my review?" She asked enthusiastically as we stepped into the empty room with a small round table and four chairs.

I chuckled and sat. She sat beside me.

"I think hiring you here was the best decision I made about this company," I said truthfully and she gasped.

"Oh stop," she blushed and covered her mouth with her hands.

I chuckled again. "I mean it, I need to start having people on my side. How's the legal team? Anything suspicious?" I asked getting straight to business.

She tucked her hair behind her ears and her blue eyes landed on mine. "You have bad luck with people here Ace."

I shut my eyes as her word cut through me but it wasn't surprising. "I know, but I don't need to please people. I can't please everyone."

"Sooooo who exactly have you pleased since you started working here?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

I looked up and tapped my feet on the floor. "My- my oh yes! Alex- Alexander my Carl!"