53| Ace Motherfucking Winston

♡♡♡
Ace

I didn't miss the sun.

I didn't miss walking around and feeling the breeze around me. I didn't miss being out and seeing all eyes on me.

"I knew you'd walk out being free Mr. Winston," Alex sniffed and gave me a neck bow. I waved him off with my hand and rolled my neck feeling the pressure settling on me.

"Take me to the hospital," I announced getting into the backseat of the car. He looked at me shocked behind the tinted windows before getting into the driver's seat and turning to look at me.

Even with my eyes shut I could feel his stare on me.

"You want to see him now? Don't you want to give it time?" He asked, worry laced in his voice and I grumbled as his voice disrupted my imagination of the moment I'd meet Quinn.

"I had a lot of time to think about what to say when I see him, Alex. I know you're worried about me but you don't have to be. Just be my driver for today huh?" I chuckled at the last sentence and opened my eyes to see him pursing his lips before adjusting his glasses.

The car began to move and I sighed sinking into the seats, hoping to get at least twenty minutes of sleep before starting the journey I had made up my mind for. While I was away I did a lot of thinking, I mean I didn't have anything else to do.

The basic answer was to elope.

After meeting everyone I needed to, and making the necessary apologies and conversations. I'm leaving for a more peaceful place with Quinn where we can heal.

I once asked Quinn what she wanted to do once she got the chance and her answer was to elope and just disappear from the face of Earth without anyone knowing. I'm going to make that a reality. She doesn't deserve to go through any of this.

We got to the hospital my grandfather was in, we went in through the underground parking for VIPs, and took the elevator to his room. As expected I saw everyone I knew would be present.

"Ace," Myra said instinctively as she set her eyes on me and immediately ran to engulf me in a hug. A little smile appeared on my face and I wrapped my hands around her as she started to cry. She was sitting on one of the chairs in front of the room alone before I arrived.

"Hey Princess," I kissed her forehead and wiped her tears.

"I'm so happy to see you! Are you okay?" she sniffed and cupped my face in her hands. I chuckled.

"Nah I'm offended you thought I won't survive that. I'm Ace motherfucking Winston." She laughed through her cries and punched my arm.

"Are they all in?" I asked pointing at the door and she nodded looking in the same direction.

I hummed in acceptance and was about to walk in when Liam walked out and shut the door behind him oblivious to my presence and continued munching on the pack of fries in his hand.

He finally looked up and his jump almost reached the ceiling when our eyes met, making a few pieces of the fries fall out and I smiled at him.

"Ace?!" His croaked voice yelled before he cleared his throat. "You came this soon? I heard Grandpa had them release you but I thought you'll run to your mother or father first," He laughed like he wasn't just about to piss his pants at my presence.

I sucked in a breath and immediately pointed up above us and his eyes instinctively followed to look at the ceiling creating time for me to steal about four pieces of fries from him and throw them into my mouth in a swift move.