11| Past Pains Rushing Back

♡♡♡

QUINN

My legs seemed so weak and lifeless as I walked to my apartment, the feeling came back again. My entire body felt lifeless and I began to question how I survived this eight years ago when I was just a teenager.

I got to my door and pressed in my password, 4444.

A clicking sound rang in the air and I went in. I removed my scarf and let it drop on the floor as I went to my room to grab the picture frame.

The tears stung my eyes as I stared into his eyes. My fingertips caressed the picture, my heart ached and I wished for him to be right beside me laughing in reality and not just in a picture.

He smiled brightly at the camera while showing his dimples and perfectly flossed teeth. I was also beside him in the picture the happiness we felt could be felt by anyone looking at the picture.

"Angus," I sniffed, the tear couldn't be stopped again. My lips began quivering and I broke down.

I sniffed as caressed his face. "Angus, why?" I whimpered, my heart felt like it was tightening by the second. "Can't you let me hug you just once more, huh?"

"I miss you," I breathed, I hugged the frame to my chest and sobbed uncontrollably again........and again.

~~~~~♡♡♡~~~~~

I explain what happened yesterday to my doctor as I packed my bag. I had already dressed up wearing a very casual outfit which consisted of a turtle neck cream-colored sweater, pitch-black leggings, and white trainers.

"I went down to check if it'll still affect me, and it did, it affected me badly." I told Mr. Barret as my breath hitched in my throat.

"It seems like you still haven't gotten over the incident......"

I bit my lower lips and locked my apartment, "Does that mean I've not made any progress for the past eight years?"

Mr. Barret hesitated, "Quinn, do you have time to come for a session?"

I grimace, then what's the use of always going when I haven't made any progress?

Another call suddenly came in and I checked my phone, Kenna.

"Mr. Barret, I'll try to find time," I said and ended the call to answer Kenna's call.

I wore my sunshade as I got into the elevator where another woman was standing. I know her! She's the most powerful woman in the fashion industry. She had a sunshade on and wore a gown almost the same color as my sweater, just one look at her and you could tell she was powerful.

"QUINN!" Kenna's yelled making me startled.

I adjusted my AirPods as I became alert "Kenna? What's wrong?"

"Quinn, you have to stop Ace from leaving the building!"

"What.....why?"

"Someone's planning to kill him, just... I don't have time to explain. STOP HIM!"

"But I can't just walk up to him and say, hey don't go to work someone is planning your death." The woman beside me adjusted her sunshades as I finished my sentence and I shut my mouth.