13| Somewhere Safe

♡♡♡

"You have a happy life don't you?" She asked me and I glanced at her, her long curly hair was packed into a loose ponytail and her long lashes caught my attention.

She stared with her puppy brown eyes waiting for a response.

"So pretty," I breathed and she looked at me confused.

"Huh?" She asked and I shook my head nervously then picked a yellow leaf that fell on the ground from the large tree above us.

"I don't even know the definition of happy," I told her truthfully.

"Nobody knows," She said quietly, "We feel it."

"We feel it?"

She nodded, "I guess it's the feeling when I'm playing with my family, I always feel happy...what about you?"

I hesitated before saying. "Just when I'm with my mum and dad, my uncle seems so scary like my grandfather."

I flinched when I felt her arms around my neck, I became paralyzed. She pulled me in and I instantly relaxed.

"It's okay to not feel happy all the time," Her voice was as relaxing as the sound of the sea hitting the sand. "I feel happy at times like this....and I'm sure you do."

She was right, I never want this moment to end.

~~~~~♡♡♡~~~~~

ACE

"Sir...is everything alright?" Alex asked me as we walked out of the meeting room.

We had just finished all meetings for today and throughout the meetings, my mind was elsewhere. The man from earlier made me think about my mother nonstop.

I hate to admit it but I wish she was still by my side and not somewhere I don't know and can't ever reach her. How can she just do this and not show up?

Even though it still hurts that she left without any notice, I still want to meet her again. She's still my mother.

"It's just that, you seemed a little out of it during the meetings," He explained and I shrugged my shoulders.

I turned to him and checked my watch "You can go home alright, I have to do something." I dismissed him and he nodded.

"Sir, please don't forget to pick the model of the cars you like best and send it to the head of Winston's Motors." He reminded me before the elevator opened and he told me goodbye and walked out.

I pressed the button for the 12th floor which is the office of the president, my grandfather.

I just can't take it anymore, when my mother left I didn't even know if she died or was alive. My grandfather never told me anything and made us move.

Everything changed from then, my life became the opposite of what it was. I didn't have my mum or dad with me, only the staff and Carl and my grandfather. My grandmother left too. I felt lifeless and empty, I had no reason to live.

I took short strides to his office I wanted so much time to pass because I didn't want the reality to sink in. That's how we are right? We try to stall the truth even though we know it's the truth. I got to the door of his office too soon.

I took my hands to the doorknob and the cold metal sent shivers down my spine. I pulled it down and the door opened.

My grandfather stood there in front of a large shelf that held about a hundred books, he turned towards me once the door opened and looked at me blankly. I had never seen my grandfather's office, it was like him boring and old.