51| Logan Winston

The song of the day and for the chapter is Empathy by Crystal Castles. It fits the chapter perfectly and is what I listened to while writing this masterpiece.

♡♡♡
Kenna

"You have to choose the best possible candidate... I get that Ace is the Chairman's son but look he's in jail and Carl is such a better candidate than any other person."

"No no no, I believe Ace isn't guilty. He'll probably be released soon. Carl isn't to be trusted if he can treat Ace like that who knows what he'll do with the company."

"It'll be best if the Chairman wakes up and ends this nightmare, nothing is going right with his absence."

"I heard a rumor that he's actually awake but wants to see how everyone handles things in his absence... I heard he also spoke to the police that Ace would be let out soon. It's all part of his great plan."

"Oh shut up! You and your rumors! The next thing we know someone will say they saw his son who died a long time ago. Please the chairman has no reason for this... Unless he's trying to drag someone out by making them reveal themselves?"

"Exactly! I thought it could be the person who poisoned him because the person obviously wants him dead but it could also be a bigger picture. Someone he's been trying to get but can't. You know how these rich people do ridiculous things when they can just save time and bite their pride."

"A bigger person? Argh how am I even listening to your crazy theories? We have work to do I'm going out first."

I heard the footsteps of the first person walking away then the second person soon followed. A low smirk crossed my lips as I slid open the toilet stall and walked forward to the mirror where they were.

They were long gone but their words still lingered in the air and my mind. I hadn't heard anything about mr Winston possibly being awake and faking everything. Alex had already filled me in on everything Ace wanted and we were both determined to help him. It was the day for the election and the whole company was buzzing with the new position.

I walked out of the toilet just to see a walking zombie staring back at me. Taken by surprise, I jumped back and my hands instinctively went to my chest where my heart was about to burst.

"Oh my God, you scared me," I breathed trying to steady my breathing and he stared back at me with terrible dark circles beneath his eyes and pale skin. But yet, he still looked gorgeous.

"I heard you're in charge of the case." He began and stood up straight with just his hands in his pocket.

"Harry, is that why you came here?" I asked and he nodded.

"My dad, he's had Nana locked in her room since last night when he found out that she went ahead to see Mr Winston in his hospital. I think Mr. Winston might be connected to the drug case in some way. Anyway, I'm going to help you take the company down. I can't let my sister be forced to follow in his footsteps. Can we talk?" He spoke like he was a robot.

I stared at him feeling his pain. Every time I saw Harry he always had this cheerful and playful look on his face that made everyone around him instantly happy. Seeing him look so dejected and empty of emotions was so weird it sent a shrill down my spine.

"There's a meeting that I have to attend now Harry. But you can wait. I'll come and see you once it's over. Do you think you can wait for me?" I calmly touched his arm to reassure him that everything was going to be alright. My heart broke when he pursed his lips into a smile and nodded.

"Always."

I don't know what came over me but I pulled him into a hug and he froze before I felt him loosen up and wrap his arms around me too. He tightened his grip and buried his face in my neck. I softly caressed the base of his head where his neck was and heard him let out a shaky breath. We stayed like that for a while before we finally let each go and I gave his hand one last squeeze before walking away.