036

CLOSE YOUR EYES AND DREAM OF HIM-036

The week after Cedric Diggory's death was painful. Diana refused to come out of her dorm, Hermione, Ginny, and Eloise tried everything in their power to get her out of bed but nothing worked. Eventually, Sam and Ella told them to leave her alone. She needs time to mourn the painful loss of her friend and having three girls constantly hounding her to get out of bed and face the world wasn't helping.

Diana felt like a piece of her heart was ripped out. The pain was almost unbearable, her chest felt painfully tight and she wanted it to go away. But she didn't know how to make it go away. She had stopped sobbing after the first four days and now was just numb. Everything was numb. No tears, no pain. It was all gone.

Laying in her bed, Diana stared at the ring that Cedric gave her for her birthday. She hasn't worn it since the night of his death. It was the last thing that was a piece of him and it hurt wearing it. Diana took a deep breath, reaching out of it and slipping it onto her right ring finger. It was cold against her finger as she stared at it. A tear slipped down her cheek for the first time in days as she choked on a sob.

Today was Cedric's tribute to the Hogwarts students to say their final goodbyes to their friend. Diana didn't want to go, but she had to. She needed to find closure and this was way to do it. Saying her final goodbye. Climbing out of bed, she walked to the shower and got cleaned up after not showering for days. She decided to put on the dress that she had on for her birthday date with Cedric and headed towards the Great Hall.

The entire school was already in their seats, waiting for Dumbledore to speak when Diana walked in. She hurried over to her friends and family and sat between Harry and Sammy.  Harry didn't say anything to her, only grabbing her hand as she smiled at him and placed her head on his shoulder. They both need comfort and they find it in each other.

"Today, we acknowledge a terrible loss." Dumbledore started. "Cedric Diggory was, as you all know, exceptionally hard-working, infinitely fair-minded, and, most importantly a fierce, fierce friend."

Cedric was a fierce friend and Diana experienced that.

"Now, I think, therefore, you have the right to know exactly how he died. You see, Cedric Diggory was murdered."

Diana's breath hitched in her throat as she lifted her head off of Harry's shoulder. She had an idea of who it was. She glanced at Harry and squeezed his hand in conformation which caused him to squeeze her hand back.

"—by Lord Voldemort! The Ministry of Magic does not wish me to tell you this. But not to do so, I think, would be an insult to his memory. Now, the pain we all feel at this dreadful loss reminds me and reminds us that while we may come from different places and speak in different tongues, our hearts beat as one. In light t of recent events the bonds of friendship, we've made this year will be more important than ever. Remember that, and Cedric Diggory will not have died in vain. You remember that and we'll celebrate a boy who was kind and honest and brave and true, right to the very end."