Chapter Fifty-Six

▬▬▬▬ Joel's POV ▬▬▬▬

Not gonna lie, I could get used to Marley Jones waiting for me, in my bed, while I tended to my daughter. Everly was fairly independent for her age, but one thing she hadn't grown out of yet was loving when I tucked her in at night.

"Good night, Princess," I said, kissing my daughter on the forehead.

"Good night, Daddy."

Making sure I closed her door all the way, I headed down the hall to my room, greeted with a smile from my girlfriend when I entered.

"Have I told you how cute the two of you are?" she asked, not even noticing when I locked the door.

"I believe so. Many times today, actually."

"Well, good, because you are."

Joining her on the bed, she naturally cozied up next to me, resting her head on my chest, and I couldn't resist running my hand down her side, tracing her curves.

"Have you talked to her yet? Y'know, about the custody battle?"

With a sigh, I answered, "Not yet, but I'm working on it."

"You don't have much time left until—"

"I know, Marley. I know. I just..."

Fucking hell, why is talking so damn hard now?

"Joel," she called, turning to face me, her chest mashed against mine as she looked me in my eyes. "You don't have to be afraid. You're not alone, here. If you want, I'll be there for you. Whatever you need."

"God, you're an angel, baby. A fucking angel. I don't know, though. I kinda feel like this is something I have to do on my own."

Nodding in understanding and, dare I say, pride in her eyes, Marley smiled at me before leaning down to kiss my cheek. "She'll be thankful you prepared her ahead of time, Joel. Trust me."

"I do trust you, Marley."

With a small smile, she lightly planted a kiss on my bare chest before laying back down, getting comfortable. The TV mounted on the wall directly in front of my bed was on, some old episode of Cops playing in the background. I let Marley watch it for a couple of minutes before my hand ran down her side to the cheek of her ass, lightly squeezing it.

I could tell she noticed my movements, but she hadn't said anything, so I took it a step further, now running my hand back up the path it just took, this time taking the hem of my T-shirt she wore with it, letting me see more of her perfect skin.

"Joel..." she said warningly, her voice light and airy.

"Yeah, baby?"

"What are you doing?"

When my palm rested on her panties, right next to her covered mound I answered, "I believe it's called foreplay."

She gasped when I didn't hesitate to stick my hand down her panties, finding the button that would have her ready for me in no time.

"Ah, Joel," she moaned, wriggling in my hold. "We can't."

"We can't? Are you sure?" All the while I rubbed her little clit faster.

"Ev-Everly might hear," she stuttered, tilting her head back to look at me, those sexy eyes of hers lidded in temptation when I slipped a finger inside.

I damn near growled in want when I realized what she said. I wasn't sure exactly why, but lately whenever I saw their sweet interactions, I just wanted to bend Marley over and fuck the ever loving shit out of her.