Chapter Three

▬▬▬▬Marley's POV▬▬▬▬

"Ugh," I moaned, pressing my face into my pillow.

Biting my lip, I rubbed my pelvis against the covered mattress, desperate for some kind of friction. My fingers rubbed against my panties, feeling them dappen from my growing wetness the more I pressed against them. I was lonely, and horny, and out of double A batteries, so this was my morning improvisation.

"Ah," I gasped, filling myself with one finger while my other hand held my cotton panties to the side.

In. Out. In. Out. In. Out.

"Oh God."

Slipping in another digit, I lifted my hips, dropping them down against my hand and forcing my fingers to go deeper. I couldn't help but wish it was someone else's hand pleasuring me. That they would push me to an orgasm, then pull me to my knees and fuck me senseless, pulling at my hair and kissing every freckle littered across my chest and face.

With that fantasy fluttering through my mind, I came undone.

***

"Who is this for?" I asked the Irish man behind the counter when he handed me the fresh slices of apple pie.

"The ladies in that booth over there," Seamus answered, pointing to a set of woman with knitting needles and yarn sticking out their handbags.

Old people are so cute.

Moving my braid behind my shoulder, I grabbed the plates and quickly delivered them to the women, refilled their coffees, and moved along to the next customer. The pattern repeated itself, with me bringing people their food, refilling their drinks, and bringing them the check along with gratefully accepting the tips they left me. Waitressing wasn't the most glamorous or entertaining job, but at least I was good at it.

By the time the lunch rush flooded in, I found my rhythm. Only once did I lose it, and that was when a certain tall, dark haired man approached me, his pale skin looking without fault under the diner lighting. Well, it wasn't so much that he approached me, rather he came up to the counter I was standing at and asked Seamus if his order was ready...but it was basically the same thing.

His presence distracted me, especially since my sober self still remembered what happened between the drunk versions of ourselves. The memory of his erection teasing my ass was not one I'd be forgetting any time soon.

"Just a few more minutes. The fries are still in the fryer," Seamus answered him, his blue eyes flickering to me before leaving.

Fiddling with my notepad, I walked away, wondering if Joel even saw me next to him or if he was so drunk that night that he didn't even remember our little interaction. If he didn't, then there wasn't any reason he'd have to speak to me. Sighing, I finished waiting the customers I had already seated and then decided it was time I took my lunch break.

"I'm taking my break, Seamus!" I announced, pulling my beanie and coat on before heading out the door. There was a Subway not too far away, and I was craving a personalized sandwich.

I was halfway across the parking lot when someone called my name.

"Marley!"

Turning around, I squinted my eyes, trying to find the source of the voice, but I didn't see anyone. Not until they opened the door of their white truck and got out.

I could see the breath I let out in the cold Pennsylvania air as I watched he walk over, looking delectable in his all black attire, aside from the signature brown leather coat he sported on a regular.