Chapter Four

▬▬▬▬Marley's POV▬▬▬▬

3 weeks later...

"I mean, sure, the man is finer than wine, but he's the school janitor," Emma, my best friend, shared as she sipped her tea, both literally and figuratively. Her short, honey blonde pixie cut barely spilled onto her forehead, yet she kept brushing it away as if it were anywhere near her blue eyes. "I can't believe I caught my boss and him screwing in the supply closet. I mean, she's the principal for Christ's sake."

Shaking my head in amusement, I continued sweeping the floors of the diner. Closing time was a little less than two hours away, and on a Thursday night, not many people would be coming in.

"Don't be so judgemental, Em," I playfully scolded. "There's nothing wrong with someone being a janitor."

"I suppose, but fucking in an elementary school, Marley? That deserves some shade, you've got to admit it."

When I focused on that detail, it did cause my face to scrunch up in disgust.

"Okay, yeah. You're right."

Laughing at the weird things we found ourselves talking about, I put the broom down and took a seat next to her at the counter. I only got up when I noticed the woman I seated earlier, still here.

"More coffee, miss?" I asked, already holding the fresh pot in my hand as I walked over.

She was checking her phone, her perfectly arched brows furrowed and hair pulled back into a tight bun when I approached. Not even bothering to look up at me, she simply nodded her head and waved the hand that held her stylus, gesturing for me to fill her mug.

"Can I get you anything else?"

"Come back in ten minutes. I'm waiting for someone and right now he's running late. We'll order when he arrives," she said, her voice monotone, which didn't match at all with her strikingly beautiful face. Her rich brown skin didn't have a single blemish, and her narrow eyes brought an exotic look to her when coupled with her full lips.

Nodding, I left her alone, checking the time so I'd know when to come back.

"Rawr, look at the sex on legs that just walked in," Emma smirked, drawing my bored eyes to the door.

Dammit.

Frowning I sighed, "That's Joel."

It had been three weeks since the incident in his car. It's not like I hadn't seen him until now, he was a regular customer at Elliot's. But, besides the normal conversation a waitress and patron had, Joel hadn't said a word to me. It was okay, though, because I actually appreciated that he stepped back when he realized I wasn't interested in the same thing as him.

Swiveling in her chair, Emma looked at me with wide blue eyes. "Joel? That's the dilf you were telling me about?"

Slapping her arm I hissed, "I never called him a...dilf."

"You didn't have to," she grinned. "Just looking at him, I'm surprised he doesn't have a whole football team of kids running around. Women must be spreading legs for him left and right."