Chapter Fourteen

▬▬▬▬Marley's POV▬▬▬▬

"Joel," I murmured, turning over in bed so I was facing him. He'd been lazily tracing a circle on my back with those talented fingers of his, but I was too spent from our last round of sex to go again. "What are you doing?"

"Relax, darling. I can tell I wore you out," he winked, his hand still running up and down my back. "I was just playing connect the dots."

When I furrowed my brows, puzzled he smiled, looking almost childlike and carefree. It was adorable, but I paid attention to his explanation. "You have freckles, right...here."

Pressing his palm against the very bottom of my back, I opened my mouth, understanding. "I do? Well, learn something new everyday, I guess."

"Mmhm. You'll learn a lot about your body...from me, of course," he grinned, flipping me over while also rolling on top of me and sliding his hand further down to the heated spot between my legs.

"Oh," I gasped, feeling his growing erection on my bare stomach.

Ring ring!

"Sounds like you're getting a phone call," I pointed out, amused by his pained face.

"I'll be right back," he sighed, getting up after first stealing a quick kiss from me.

While he was gone, I quickly scurried across the hall and into my bathroom so I could clean myself up. A few minutes later, I was walking back into my room, which was still sans Joel. Throwing on a long t-shirt, I padded out toward the kitchen, feeling just how hungry I was after our rigorous activities, and it was barely past two in the afternoon.

When I saw Joel in the corner of my living room...still naked as the day he was born, I felt a smile forming on my lips. Keeping my eyes off his toned backside, I started brewing some coffee, noticing how serious his tone was as he talked. I had no idea what he was talking about, but I could tell that it was important, especially when he kept taking in frustrated breaths, as if he was trying to keep calm.

"Alright, alright," he sighed, running a hand through his black hair. "I'll see you later today."

Then, he hung up.

Clearing my throat, I commented, "You're probably giving Mrs. Newman a heart attack with your hard-on on full display for her."

"Oh, it's not for her," he stated, his hooded eyes on me. I gulped.

Walking over to me, he seemed confident in himself. That was a good quality in a man, considering an insecure one wasn't the most attractive thing in the world, but then again, he had no reason not to be. Except for the fact that women apparently reject him for being a single dad. Keeping my eyes off his manhood that he kept so heavily on display, I poured some coffee in a mug and handed it to him.

"Thanks," he said, still a bit tense.

As he brought the cup to his lips, I watched like a little creep while doing the same with mine.

"Everything okay?" I asked, taking a sip.

For a second, it seemed like he wasn't going to answer, but then he did. "Not really." It wasn't much, but it was something.

"Well," I began, sliding the plate of cinnamon buns I'd left on the counter in front of him. "Would one of these help?"

Looking at the treats and then at me, I saw the small smile forming on his face. "I'm afraid not."

"Damn. You didn't even give them a chance," I pouted, getting him to chuckle.

Walking closer to him, I grabbed one for myself, taking a bite. They were delicious and soft, with the frosting perfectly set. They were just the right temperature, too. Warm, and rich, but not too hot to where they were falling apart. Sucking the sweet cinnamon off my thumb, I noticed Joel watching me, completely captivated.