Chapter 65

Chapter 65

"What do you think of this dress, my lady?"

Ubol looked in the mirror and all she could see was the mountain of fabric wrapped around her body. The skirt design was extravagant and intricate with gold fire patterns embellished into the pink fabric. The most ludicrous part of the wedding outfit was the fabric of the top was soft and nearly see-through. It had an ethereal feel which filled her stomach with dread.

The servant looked at Ubol for her answer.

Ubol could see Ritthirong's reflection in the mirror. He had his thumb on his chin and scrutinizing eyes as he looked at the clothing. "The colour is no good. It should be a blue hue to signify her new position as my queen."

Ubol's arms shook as the servant slowly removed the fabric. The hairs on the back of Ubol's neck rose as she felt a second pair of hands tie her hair into a bun.

"I don't care what wedding outfit you choose." The king's voice boomed next to her ear. "It has to be royal blue."

"Yes, your highness." The servant bowed.

The warmth of the hands disappeared and the echo of footsteps ended with the door's slam. Ubol released a sigh and noticed the servant doing the same.

"Excuse me, my lady. It seems I've left the blue fabric in another room," the servant said.

"Don't worry, I can finish undressing by myself. Go do what you must."

The servant bowed before scurrying out the room.

"My, don't you look like a beautiful bride? All you're missing is the glowing smile."

Niran sat on the window ledge with his tongue flicking in and out. His tail hung over the edge and swayed from side to side.

"Where did you disappear to?" Ubol spat.

"Look, we may have fought but..."

She gritted her teeth. "But what?"

"I was able to find another trail. It seems they're in Aslo at the moment."

"What makes you think I'm willing to work with you again." Her tone was harsh but the snake didn't seem bothered by it.

"Well, since that other naga isn't with them. We may have an easier time getting what we want."

Ubol stayed silent. She wasn't sure what to say and continued to change into her casual clothes. The silence seemed to disturb Niran as he spoke up a second time.

"Look, Ubol. If you need an apology, I apologize for what I said." There was a twinge of condescension in his tone.

Ubol grabbed her staff and placed her hat on her head.

"Where are you going?" He hissed.

"I have duties to perform for the banana tree in the garden." Her voice was monotonous. "I can make an excuse to gather more materials from outside the country. After my last escape, I have to be careful."

The snake began to laugh. "I see how it is. Such a clever girl."

Her expression didn't change as she exited the room and thought about the pieces she needed for her plan.