𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱

➸ "Beautiful sunrise.." you whisper while laying down in a poolside lounge chair with Bakugou, a light blanket over you two.

"I can't believe we haven't slept." he mumbles and rubs his throbbing head as he was awake for the transition to a hangover.

"I would rather talk to you than sleep." you smile into his chest and he holds you tighter against his warm body. You and Bakugou had stayed up through the late hours talking alone about anything that came to mind, sleep was the last thing you two wanted to do.

Bakugou sits up and reaches for his water as you stretch and sit up with him, "I actually have to talk to you about something.."

You look up and nod, "Is everything ok?"

"I got offered to work at another office.. across the country. Just to help them start on a good foot—"

"How long would you be gone for?" you ask while playing with the loose threads of the blanket that wasn't keeping you from shaking.

The sound of the pools fountain fills the silence.

"A year."

Your heart drops but you force a smile and hold onto his hand, "I-i think you should go.."

"I would be leaving the day after thanksgiving."

Less than a month.

"W-when did you get offered this?" you had to ask, we had recently gotten serious but why would he keep pursuing me if he knew he would just leave.

"About a month ago."

You let out a deep breath and couldn't think with the tiredness catching up to you and just wanting to be in your bed. When everything was going so right, this happens.

"Is that why you don't want to make it official? Because you're leaving?" your voice was dry and Bakugou's heart was feeling heavier and heavier. "Katsuki, answer me."

"Yes."

Tears fill your eyes and you wipe them away while wrapping the blanket tighter around you, "I'm sorry Katsuki.. I can't talk to you right now. I need food and sleep." you try to walk past him but his hand grips at the blanket to stop you.

"We can—"

"Alone."

Your eyes screw shut when you feel the weight of his hand drop and he doesn't say anything or attempt to stop you when you walk back inside. You wanted to comfort him, you wanted to tell him that everything would be ok and somehow you two would work it out like two grown adults but —

you couldn't take the chance of making broken promises to Katsuki Bakugou when you were madly in love with him.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"Shit." you mumble when wiping your eyes and falling back onto your bed. You had showered and eaten, you should be falling asleep as soon as your head hit the pillow but you were wide awake. You couldn't believe that in a month Bakugou would be gone, who would be at his desk? Who would be my neighbor? 

"Shit." you cry and hug a pillow to your chest, "I need you."

In a second you put something over the nightgown Bakugou had gotten you and your fist knocks on his door softly, half expecting him not to be home yet. 

But he does answer, he doesn't say anything and neither do you. Both of your red puffy eyes said what was needed to be said, I'm sorry. Bakugou shuts the door behind you and engulfs you into a big hug, shuddering when your arms wrap around him. 

"I'm sor—"

"Don't fuck your receptionist." you cut him off and he pulls back to look at you confusingly, "I'm serious Katsuki."

"Would never even think about it.." he whispers and leans his forehead against yours, your eyes drift closed, "I just want you sweetheart... I'll wait for us."

A small smile is on your lips when you take off your coat and crawl into his bed, "Me too.. I don't want another neighbor." you snuggle into his side.

"I'm still renting this place out." he leans over to his bedside table and dangles a key, "Here.. so you can keep watch, of course.. don't do anything weird in my bed— without recording and sending it to me."

You slap his chest and laugh, "I'll keep that in mind.." you take the key and put it on your keychain, "Stop, we have a month. Let's enjoy it."

Bakugou tilts your chin up and kisses you deeply, "Spend the night." he mumbles.

"I always spend the night."

"I mean.. spend the night.. every night.. and don't leave?" it comes out as a question and he runs a hand through his hair, "Shit I mean, I want you to spend your days and nights here. I want to come home with you—"

"Ok!" you cut him off and kiss his lips again, "Roommates?" you offer your hand and he slaps it away, "Ouch."

Bakugou kisses your hand and brings his hands under your dress and to your bare back, running his fingertips in random patterns. "Sweetheart.."

"Hm?" you ask sleepily.

"Just because I'm leaving.. I'll always come back for you."

"I'll always come back for you too baby. I'll wait forever for you Katsuki."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

don't be mad bc ily </3