Misfortune (wil, shlatt, Time)

"Fuck me!" Wilbur says desperately shuffling through the folders in his bag.

"What is it lover boy?" A boy, a couple inches shorter then the Brit asked.

"Oh nothing, just the project we've been working on for a week or two now." Wilbur pushes his cutely hair out of his eyes.

"You lost it?!" The other boy, another brown haired boy shouts. He takes a step closer to the kneeled one, his eyes gone red.

"Jschlat I'm sorry. It must've fallen out when I was in a hurry." The other defends.

"It's due tomorrow, we have no time to start all over again!"

"I know!"

"You think it's back at your house?"

"Most likely my moms, but I won't be able to go back till Thursday."

"Damnit!" Jschlatt throws his baseball cap to the floor. His face becoming hot and red; you might be able to see the steam coming out of his ears.

Wilbur buried his head in his elbow. Mumbling a muffled "sorry," and "I'll ask if I could go look."

"This is why I wanted it to be digital!"

"I know, and I'm sorry!"

The cap wearer huffs and leaves the boy crouched by his backpack.

He zips up his bag, mindful now of all the eyes on his person.

He sits back on his seat, placing his head on the desk.

The teacher caries on with his lesson like nothing happened.

And nothing did happen, a misfortunate situation for the brunet, sure, but not his problem.

Time snaps just like that. And suddenly, that brunet is looking out at the distance wondering where it went.

It doesn't stop. Nor does it wait. Don't be left behind.

____________________________
280