Chapter 3

Everyone soon returned to watching the movie while Mal held her mother's hand in comfort.She felt being close to her mother more than ever before and part of her had a feeling her mother had held back during their fight, as she was not as experienced as her mother in magic.

The screen showed a room, where King Henry lied in bed with generals of his army around his bed. Nearby, a grown-up Stefan was lighting up candles The Voice spoke"Defeated in battle, King Henry began to succumb to illness".

Leah sighed she now knew Maleficent didn't curse her father in any way or form. She felt bad about conspiring with Philip's mother Ingrith. Audrey now saw the truth of her so-called family only one she saw as innocent in the whole family was her mother Auorora.

King Henry coughing spoke"When i ascended to the throne I promised the people one day we would take the Moor's and it's treasures. Each of you swore allegiance to me and to that cause..."before he began coughing, getting Stefan's attention as he rushed over to the sick king. Stefan spoke"Your Majesty" as he put a smaller pillow behind Henry's head, before he stepped back.

King Henry looking at his subordinates spoke" Defeated in battle. Is this to be my legacy? I see you're waiting for me to die. It won't long, but what then? I will choose a successor to take the throne, to care for my daughter. Who among you worthy? Kill the winged creature! Avenge me! And upon my death you will take the crown." his voice full of exhaustion as everyone listened, knowing he doesn't have much time left. While Stefan having a certain gleam in his eyes that spelled trouble. The screen flickered changed once more, showing another room of the castle with Stefan washing his face before looking at his reflection in a mirror Stefan sighed.

Maleficent and Diaval glared at both Stefan onscreen and the audience. While Carlos, Mal, and Ben noticed the look Stefan had in his eyes as they knew it was trouble. Audrey shook her head and spoke, "My grandfather and great grandfather are really bastards."Leah didn't try to correct her as she knew it was true she now saw her father for what he really was.

Once again, the screen changed to a scene of Stefan walking through the forest, only he had a cloak on. Stefan took his cloak off as he walked up to the gateway to the Moors. Stefan called out"Maleficent! Maleficent!", but his cries weren't answered. Stefan turned around and began to walk away not noticing Maleficent's younger self fly down behind him, wearing a different dress than before as she questioned"So, how's is life with the humans?"

Stefan with a fake smile spoke"Maleficent, I've come to warn you. They mean to kill you King Henry will stop at nothing to kill you Please, you have to trust me."

Mal asked her mother with a concerned tone"Are you okay, Mom?", getting everyone's attention as they looked at her to see her eyes and hands glowing green. Maleficent took a deep breath and said, "I am okay, just bad memories."As everyone was now looking at Stefan with suspicion.

Maleficent had a soft look on her face, actually believing Stefan's words. The screen changed, revealing the Moors again, only it was still dark. Sitting beside each other before the lake was Stefan and Maleficent. The two sat beside each other for a while talking about different topics and the past, before Stefan brought out a bottle and offered it to Maleficent as he asked"You thirsty?" Maleficent nodded as she took the bottle and drank. After she finished, Maleficent gave it back to Stefan, before she touched her lips with her right hand's fingers. Suddenly, her hand and wings dropped with Maleficent's younger self leaning her head onto Stefan's shoulder, She had fallen asleep. Stefan looked at Maleficent as he ran his left hand down her face before he had this look in her eye.

Fairy Godmother seeing this particular scene spoke"That can't be right, we fairies don't get drunk so quickly. You didn't drink much either."

Beast nodded as he narrowed his eyes at Stefan who was looking pale. While Dival frowned and said"Stefan is not a good person like he portrays himself to you or the world. He is a villain at the finest."