Maleficent 2 Part 8

Standing in the shadows of the royal chambers, queen ingrith had watched and listened as her husband and son blathered on about love and unity. She had been glad that her face was hidden. At least the two men could not see her eyes as they rolled or the small grimace she bore when she heard she would grow to love Aurora in time.

All the time in the world would not be enough. To her, Aurora was only a pawn in a game of chess she had been secretly playing for years. Having heard more than she had wished, Ingrith slipped through the shadows into the sanctity of her dressing room. The space was off-limits to John and, for the most part, any of the castle staff. Besides a few very trusted maids, she kept the room empty of visitors, which was how she liked it. Walking into the center of the room, she exhaled deeply. This place calmed her. On either side, the walls were lined with lavish gowns of gray, silver, white, and black. Not one for color, she found the monochrome effect settling. Diamonds and other precious gems sat upon the shelves, and dozens upon dozens of shoes were paired together on a wall of their own. Against the far wall were several dress forms made to her exact measurements.

While Evie didn't like Ingrith,she had to admit the queen had taste.

The most fragile and lovely of her gowns adorned them. Ingrith held out a hand as she walked toward them. But instead of gently running her fingers over the delicate lace on one, she pushed against it. The dress form tilted back until there was a quiet click. Behind the form, a door slid open, revealing stairs that led down into darkness. The queen allowed herself the smallest of smiles. This was the real reason she loved her dressing chambers and did not allow anyone in. Or rather, the door led to the reason she kept her private rooms private. Sliding by the dress form, Ingrith slipped through the door and began to descend the staircase. Her footfalls echoed off the stone walls as she went deeper and deeper. Every few feet, a sconce illuminated the stairway, revealing ancient stone that was always damp and cold. But Ingrith didn't need the light to know where she was going. She had made this journey more times than she could possibly count. As she approached the bottom of the stairs, the space grew lighter and she could hear water bubbling. Every once in a while, a clink sounded, as though something was hitting against glass. Finally, she arrived at a landing. Ingrith stepped forward and into a huge cavernous space.

Mal looked at King John and asked"How did she built this without any of you notcing it?"

John sighed and replied"This was her private room, neither Philip or I was even allowed to enter.She must have bribed tbe builder,when this toom was being built."

There was small bridge and below was workers building iron weapons.Also among them was Gerda looking up at thr Queen.

Mal looking at Philip asked"Where all of them imprisoned?"

Philip nodded ans replied"I did a full sweep to locate every memeber of my mothers loyal soldiers and workers."

Mal nodded,she was slightly appeased with that.