Maleficent 2 Part 10

Everyone got ready to watch the rest of the viewing.

Aurora grimaced, she remembered the whole dinner incident and knew her behavior would be once again under scrutiny. She was not looking forward to it,while Maleficent and Philip noticing this comforted her.

Maleficent took note of the soldiers who stood at attention. For a kingdom at peace, they certainly seemed prepared for war. Shooting them a look, Maleficent strode forward. But she was forced to a halt when Castle Ulstead came into full view.

The castle was massive. The tips of its tallest towers soared high into the sky, and everything around it was oversized as well. As they moved inside, huge topiaries lining the entryway depicted a menagerie of wild and tame animals. Wolves stood cowering beneath the hooves of horses; elephants reared up beside barking dogs.

Maleficent couldn't help thinking it was grotesque. Baring a fang, she moved on. There were nearly a dozen suits of armor, each one exaggerated in size. No actual human could ever have worn them; they stood only as symbols. And hanging from the ceiling was a chandelier that dripped with jewels and the wax from a thousand candles.

 And hanging from the ceiling was a chandelier that dripped with jewels and the wax from a thousand candles

Mal nodded agreeing with her mother and said"It looks ugly."

Jay added, "Instead of showing the beauty of the garden, whole thing looks out of place."

Audrey frowned and said, "I don't remember seeing any of them in the castle. Except for the topiaries everything else looks the same."

Philip told his daughter"Yes, your mother and I removed some of them."

King John frowned and commented"Never liked those on the castle. But Ingrith wanted it there, she wanted to show it to out

Adam or Beast added, "Also no one would believe you hunted them,I mean you and even your father were the kindest people,I have ever seen."

As they proceeded down the entry hall, Maleficent shuddered. Beside the iron shields and weapons that lined the walls, huge paintings were hung, depicting scenes of man against nature.

A king on a hunt, his hounds chasing a frightened deer. Another king and his dozens of soldiers killing a huge bear. Farther on, a gigantic tapestry spanned nearly twenty feet, depicting Saint George violently slaying a dragon.

"Would you ever consider changing me into a bear?" Diaval asked, dragging Maleficent's attention from the art. His voice, while soft, still echoed under the high ceilings. "I think I'd make a rather impressive bear. Have you ever seen their claws?"

Maleficent shot him a look.

"Why are you talking about bears?" she asked, annoyed. Then she saw that his face had paled and he looked as shaken as she felt. She grinned slightly as she realized she knew the answer. "You're trying to distract me."