14. First day

I felt it was not the right time to go and talk to Giovanni, I decided to catch up with him later

I felt it was not the right time to go and talk to Giovanni, I decided to catch up with him later. I proceeded to the counselor’s office to get my schedule for the day and locker details. I knocked on the door twice and I heard a woman’s voice say “come inside” and I followed suit.

The counselor was a woman in her mid forties wearing spectacles. We exchange greetings and she provides me locker details and schedule for the day. I headed straight to my locker to sort my things out.

I entered my code was arranging my stuff inside the locker when a group of cheerleaders walked by and noticed me, they gave me a look, you know that “look at that pathetic creature” kinda look and started gossiping about myself.

I could clearly listen to their bitching. “Look at the new exchange nerd, look at how she is dressed ewww” they said in unison.
I decided to pay them no attention and carry on with my day; I was not popular back in London as well. To be honest I don’t care about popularity contents that much, I thrive in the anonymity.

Anyways its always better to ignore bullies and not fall for their bait, it will deter them from bullying in the first place because they grow tired if you give them the silent treatment, reaction only encourages them to go a  step further, that’s the most important lesson from geek’s high school survival guide!

I checked my schedule, it was algebra class. I grabbed my stuff and headed towards my class. On reaching the classroom I realized it was deserted and decided to occupy the empty third row seat.

The perfect spot not to close to the teacher not too far away in the back to get distracted. Slowly the class started filling up with students, closely followed by arrival of the algebra teacher.

She was a middle aged lady with glasses, dressed in a formal attire with a stern looking face. She called my name out for introduction as I was the new student here. I confidently walked to the dais and started my little introduction speech. I was warmly welcomed by my new classmates and teacher alike, it filled my heart with happiness.

After my introductions the class began, I was engrossed in the lecture but my focus was disturbed by a sudden intrusion. It was Giovanni and his group, arriving ten minutes before the class finished.

Teacher smiled and allowed them inside followed by a sarcastic comment “Wow you guys arrived so early I am impressed. You guys are the real geniuses here gracing us dimwits with your royal presence, you don’t require my lectures.” They take their seats in the back.

I observe them and make a mental note that they are bad company for Giovanni and decides to inform about this to Lorenzo.

A few more lectures later its time for the lunch break. All the students rush out excitedly as soon as the bell rings.I gathers my things and is about to move out when the girl i had seen kissing Giovanni in the morning knowingly crashes against her and makes me fall down along with all my stuff, the girl’s friends giggle and laugh before leaving me  alone to fend for myself.

I slowly gathers my stuff and heads to the cafeteria. This was getting difficult with each passing lecture and it was only the first day! I was really dejected at future bullying prospects and how lonely.

I was without my best friend Emilia. I just wished she hadn’t gone to her grandmother’s home and left me all alone, I couldn’t wait for her arrival.

I grabbed my lunch and find an isolated table to eat her lunch in peace. I was soon joined by a skinny, brown haired, tall and geeky guy. He asks my permission to join me at the table and I happily oblige.

His name is Luca and he seems like a friendly guy we talk and have a little connection and I feel he coulde be a  good friend. I am glad I found a  potential friend in this lonely place.

I don’t think it will be easy navigating high school and my responsibility alone. As I am engrossed in my thoughts I get a feeling as if someone is constantly looking at us.

I dart my eyes around the room and find Giovanni looking away and I realize its him but I wanted to be sure so I pretend not to notice and continue talking with Luca but my mind is totally focused on catching the thief red-handed.

After a few minutes I find him staring at me intensely with rage equivalent to molten lava in his eyes our eyes meet I smile at him but decide to ignore him further on.

I am forced to think what is this guy’s problem, he seems to be a good dude on the inside helping animals and being genuine but he has these mood swings like someone suffering from bipolar disorder, its almost like some demonic entity possesses him and he acts like a monster, maybe it’s the drugs or he is just acting out.

Anyways I must not focus too much on this too much I had a job to complete and a high school year to deal with, no time for flights of fancies.

After a few more classes the day comes to an end. The day was an eventful one, although a little bittersweet in nature but I am not complaining even  a  little bit, it started off on a sad note but in the end I have gained a friend and I am excited about the upcoming days at my new school.

I messaged Lorenzo about today’s update on my car ride back home and he was really pleased with my work and thanked me. I promised him I will keep a keen eye and keep him posted about any nefarious activities.

I was totally exhausted by the time I reached home and I headed straight for my room and took a hot water bath in my bathtub, relaxing with a good thriller book.

Soon it was evening and I revised my classes for the day and completed any my homework for the day before arranging my stuff for the next day. I ate my dinner and went to bed early, I was more excited for tomorrow than I was for the first day, because I knew the challenges that lay in store for me and I was not alone anymore.

*************************************

Will Aurora be successful in her dual missions?
Or will a twisted turn of fate destroy her plans?
Lets find out in the next chapter!