New Year Special chapter (Bonus Chapter)

This is a standalone new year special chapter, its not linked with the regular  plot, please don’t try to find any connections and just enjoy the bonus.

There is a little girl, around 8 years old

There is a little girl, around 8 years old.  She dressed in a  floral print frock and her hair is tied in cute little pigtails and she is jumping excitedly. She seems very happy and hops to the kitchen.
Her mother was busy  kneading the dough, seeing her busy the girl asked “mommy what are you doing?”
She replied that she was preparing the dough to bake a cupcake.
“what for?” the girl asked.
“for new year celebration cutie pie” her mother said and tickled her nose and she continued twirling around in the kitchen.
The little girl asked why they were celebrating the occasion. Her mother explained that at midnight they will eat the cupcakes so that the new year goes really well for the family, because when you eat something sweet on new years the entire year is full of sweet memories.

I woke up with a start and realised the entire scene was a dream, based on a childhood memory from new years eve when I was a little girl.
I felt really sad thinking of my mom and tears flowed freely from my eyes.

I checked my phone and it was already 6am so I decided not to try sleeping again I walked to the bathroom and splashed water on my face to properly wake up. I reminded myself of the advice my therapist gave me with regards to memories of people who are no longer in your life haunting you. If you hold on to them too long it will only ruin your present and the future, making you lose the people that are there and need you.
My sister and mother are gone forever, nothing can bring them back, but if I don’t take control of my time and life I would lose Emilia, Giovanni, my dad and brother who are here for me.
I changed into white polka dot top and blue shorts      and walked downstairs. The   place was hubbub of action my brother looked at me and nodded and continued overseeing the invitations, which were laid out on the table and a few of his assistants were helping him sort them.
The invitations were done in medieval style, ornate scrolls. I picked one up to observe them and propped up against the couch. The scrolls had intricate designs on them and the paper were almost like papyrus sheets from ancient Egypt.

 The scrolls had intricate designs on them and the paper were almost like papyrus sheets from ancient Egypt

I read the details and found out that tonight we will be having a masquerade ball party. It was not only new year’s eve celebration but also marked the successful completion of a  new hotel which was partnered by Lombardi and Romano family. The party would be its grand opening.