60. celebration

I went inside my room and freshened up, before changing into my favourite hello kitty t-shirt and pyjamas

I went inside my room and freshened up, before changing into my favourite hello kitty t-shirt and pyjamas. I relaxed on my bed and thought about the events of the day and tried to focus on all the good things that happened, instead of worrying about the premonitions I had been having about something going horribly wrong.

I also made up my mind regarding the fact that I will be telling my brother about my relationship with Giovanni tonight before heading out to Hotel Bela with Giovanni and Emilia.

I decided on a detailed plan of action and just like my campaign prepared a rough speech in my head about how I will explain the things in a way that my brother will accept our relationship.

I took a nap and woke up around quarter to 6pm and started getting dressed for the evening. I also revised my plan of action for the big revelation in front of my brother but he was nowhere to be found.

I left my prep in the middle and started pacing around in my room waiting for his arrival because I was really nervous about it.

Suddenly there was a knock on my door and I rushed to open it thinking it was Adriano, but it was Emilia in standing in the doorway.

"Hi there, I hope I didn't keep you waiting too long?" Emilia asked.

I resumed my dressing up with Emilia but my I was not fully focussed at that task, my mind was thinking about the revelation. Seeing me unmindful Emilia enquired where my attention was and joked "are you still overthinking about something going terribly wrong"
"No not at all" I tried my best to assure her but my voice betrayed my words and she realised something was wrong with me.

"Aurora you are hiding something from me I can feel it. Please tell me what's wrong"
I told her everything about my plan of revealing about my romantic relationship with Giovanni before we head out to party tonight.

"Wow that's a really great idea! I am so proud of your brave decision" Emilia gushed and hugged me real tight.
"That's not the only thing worrying me, I want to get done with it as soon as possible but my brother is being late for some unknown reason" I said with my hands raised in the air showing my helplessness in the situation.

"don't worry he might be stuck in traffic or have some work. If he wont be coming back on time he will inform you" Emilia said.

Only a few seconds had passed these words leaving Emilia's mouth when my phone vibrated indicating a notification, I checked to find out it was a message from Adriano saying that he will be late tonight because of an important client meeting and I should not wait for him too long.

"See I told you so. Its good he isn't around we can party without worrying about another excuse!" Emilia said and we resumed our dress up ritual this time around I being a little less worried and left the plan on a backburner for some other suitable day.

After rummaging through my walk-in closet and brainstorming with Emilia for a great outfit I settled for a black sequin dress and applied light makeup because I didn't feel like going for too much makeup today.