24. Guilty as charged

I woke up at 5 am

I woke up at 5 am. Not that I wanted to, but I was forced to. Necessity is the mother of invention or some shit like that, I read it on instagram!

I had an all important algebra test, which I could ill-afford to fail, the consequences were too damn high. Lorenzo had told me I had to score well or he would ground me for one full month, that's ridiculous! One full month of no video games, credit cards, no parties no fucking life!

I can ill afford to have that happen to me and after splashing my face with tons of water to wake me up from slumber, I sat down to practice whatever notes Aurora made me.

I have to admit she is nothing short of genius, her handwriting makes it seem like as if the notes were printed and it made my stupid brain at least learn something, although I highly doubt that will be enough to help me pass or even score great marks on the test but I had to believe and try it anyways, I had no choice.

I was so engrossed in my revision that I was late for school, I quickly showered, put on a light blue hoodie and my standard blue jeans, ate a hasty breakfast and headed for school in my jeep.

On reaching the school I met my buddies Xander and Atlas in the corridor, they greeted me excitedly as usual but were worried seeing me in a  bad mood

On reaching the school I met my buddies Xander and Atlas in the corridor, they greeted me excitedly as usual but were worried seeing me in a bad mood. "I am under stress to do well on the test otherwise I will be grounded by my brother and lose all privileges." I told them.
"Damn brother, you surely need to bring you're a game those conditions sound harsh" Xander said.
"I hope you somehow make it happen, we could party together like usual after that" Atlas chimed in and we went inside the class.

I had to sit beside Aurora as per our project groups and seeing me all quiet she teased me about it. I had to tell her to shut up and not get in my face on such an important day. I stayed worried and sad for the rest of the lectures until it was time for lunch break, I tried to eat in peace at my table and looked at my notes when a witch ruined my plan.
That was none other than Veronica Ricci, the bane of my existence. Aurora in the morning was not enough, now she was here on my lap.
"What's wrong babe you look upset?" she said in a tone suitable for a mother talking to her 3 year old baby. What the hell does she think of us, why the hell won't she let me live my life in peace, bloody gold digger!