55. Suprise

1 month later

1 month later.....

I think Giovanni doesn't love me anymore. The moment I said this on the lunch table, Emilia spit her milk and spoilt the table cloth.

I got a napkin and wiped the milk from her dress and in the meanwhile a maid arrived and cleaned up the mess. After she was gone, Emilia glared at me and said "what the hell do you mean by that statement? Are you out of your mind? Just that you have someone who loves you doesn't mean you will take things for granted." Emilia tried to put some wisdom into my mind.

"Ohh please I have my reasons for saying so. For the past one month he has been ignoring me and he doesn't even talk to me properly. We used to spend a lot of time after school in the park but now he wont even allow me to come over to his place on Saturdays for babysitting purpose, he always says he has some important work. I am sure that he is not taking drugs but what the hell is he doing in the time he ignores me?"

I said to Emilia to counter her allegations.
"He was absent at school even today; he is playing the disappearing act a lot. Is there some other girl in his life? I think he is spending so much time with her that he cannot even stand my presence"

Before I could rush onto some other tangent Emilia interrupted me and said "Please hold your horses and stop jumping to conclusions, Giovanni is not that kind of guy"
I rolled my eyes at her statement and remarked sarcastically "you seem to know a lot about him?"

"I don't intend to get between the two of you, just trying to help as a friend. Please don't create any misunderstandings before talking to Giovanni. You guys have a big communication issue, you fight all the time and then patch up within 2 hours when will you guys learn to behave maturely?"
She retorted back.

"Alright I will go and talk to him, I hope his majesty has time for a normal citizen like me. I don't know what goldmine he has discovered that keeps him occupied all the time. His academics is in the gutter but he has time for all kinds of other bullshit"
As we ate our meals Emilia reminded me about my participation in the student council elections as today was the last date.

I told her that I was going to participate because it would be a great experience, win or loss doesn't matter to me I just want to showcase my skills and learn new things.

"That's my girl" Emilia remarked as she was really proud of my spirit.
Emilia tells me to fill the form in the principal's office and then we will commence our preparations for the campaigning.

Post lunch there were a few lectures and then the school day ended. Emilia waited for me in the parking lot as I proceeded to the principal's office to fill the form for student council.

As I knocked on the door I remembered the last time I was here, it was a shameful circumstance and my back was truly against the wall, this time not so much. I hated the principal he was a weird guy who gave me creepy vibes.
The principal asked me to come in and told me to take the seat in front of him.