71. Friends or Foes?

A few days later

A few days later......

It's been four days since the homecoming ball disaster. I am back from the hospital and recuperating well. Giovanni has been a constant source of support for me. Showering me with love and care. Both the families are aware of our relationship and we don't have to sneak anymore.

The memories I made in these few days with so much love and care helped me heal mentally and forget all the negative experiences. I was ready to resume school and finish it on a big high.

I woke up early as per normal school day routine. Finished my morning rituals, packed my bag and rummaged in the wardrobe for something suiting my upbeat mood.

White denim shorts and yellow top along with some light makeup was my summer look for the day. I let my hair open so that I could see them sway in the summer breeze. I wore white sneakers and bronze earrings to complete my look.

I went downstairs to have breakfast with my brother and father, it was a hearty meal comprising of pork chops and omelette which I washed down with a glass of orange juice

As I was about to get up, I heard the loud sound of a horn blaring. I understood it was Giovanni waiting for me in his jeep. I hugged my brother and father who wished me luck for my day and walked outside to see Giovanni sulking in his jeep.

"You girls will never change, taking ages to get ready for something as boring as school" he said cheekily and I rolled my eyes in response. His expressions softened and he pulled me closer for a gentle kiss wrapping his arms around my waist.

We reached school after a ten minutes' drive, even with the heavy morning traffic Giovanni's expertly rash driving helped evade it all.

But there was a little drawback, they reached even earlier than expected, which was boring because none of OUR other friends had arrived yet. I suggested to Giovanni that we should hang out in the nearby park and he agreed.

We sat on a vacant bench and enjoyed the gifts of mother nature. I also told Giovanni about the sandwiches I had made specially for him this morning; amidst the laughter and conversations I noticed a hint of sadness on his face which he was trying his best to hide but it was clearly visible to me.