40. Regret

I sat outside Aurora's room lost in my guilt and regret for choosing Xander and Atlas over her

I sat outside Aurora's room lost in my guilt and regret for choosing Xander and Atlas over her. She tried her best to convince me but I was blind and all her concern went over my head. Even Lorenzo tried to warn me about it and I always thought they were against me and didn't want me to have fun.

Soon there was a pat on my back and I looked up to see Lorenzo and Leonardo standing in front of me. "The doctor has allowed us to go and see her, so you can go inside" Lorenzo said.

Both of them waited outside and gave me some much needed space with Aurora.

I sat beside her and held her hands which were tubed up with various fluids like saline to help her body with the healing process. "Why did you do this? Why are you in this state am I so unlucky that I end up putting my girlfriend in this situation and never make amends?" I started talking to her unconscious self rather hysterically.

I don't know if the things that came out from my mouth at that moment made any sense or not but I sure did have the correct intent behind my actions. I was really repentant

I lifter her left hand in my hand and kissed it and whispered to her "Aurora, I know you are unconscious and you wont be able to hear whatever I say but I have heard true love has its ways and I really hope that you will wake up soon. I love you Aurora, I really really love you! I mean it with all my heart and I have never been so sure about something in my life!"

She didn't budge an inch and I made another promise, I wont leave this room until she wakes up and I sit by her side.

The moment I opened my eyes, my body ached like hell, I was finding it difficult to focus and my head felt heavy. I tried to look around and understand my surroundings but it was difficult to do so, I heard a sound near me and on listening closely it was Giovanni's voice. He was latching on to my left hand tightly and also showered it with a few kisses.

Although I couldn't see his face or my surroundings because my eyes were closed, I focussed on his words and realised he was confessing his love for me and apologising for all the wrong things he had done to me.

His expression of love and repentance was so heartfelt that it made me feel special and melted away my rage and gave me some strength to fight the difficult situation I found myself in, both mentally and physically.