41. Care

It's been a week and finally I am going to get out of this hellhole

It's been a week and finally I am going to get out of this hellhole. I am so tired of living in this strange room full of weird equipment's and tubes.

Thank God my wounds are all healing and I am in a better shape as compared to a week ago. Although the doctor insisted that I stay for a few more days I was adamant about staying and insisted that they discharge me today itself.

Giovanni knows about it and he arrives soon and helps me pack my bags. I will be staying over at the Romano mansion.

I quickly changed into white top and white pleated shirt, since it was cold, I wore a pink sweater over my outfit.

Giovanni helped me load up my bag in his jeep and he drove me there

Giovanni helped me load up my bag in his jeep and he drove me there. The reason I decided to stay at the Romano mansion was inspired by two things, Adriano's absence and Sophia's insistence.

I didn't want to go back to an empty house and face my dad, I didn't want his presence to hamper my recovery but I had accepted the fact that situation was like that and I had to deal with it, Sophia's suggested I should stay with them until I was healed, although I didn't want to impose on her the sincerity and concern in her voice made me change my mind and to be honest it was like a blessing for me, her motherly love would fast-track my healing and I will be mentally and physically okay in no time.

As I was wondering about these things we arrived at the Romano mansion. Giovanni and I walked together towards the door and I pressed the bell twice, the door was opened by Sophia who had a radiant smile on her face and she wrapped me in a tight hug.
"Its so good to see you dear" she said. "Thanks for having me " I said returning the favour
"don't mention it, you are like my own daughter and I count myself lucky that I got this opportunity to care for you and spend some quality time with you" she said.

I was already feeling warm and fuzzy inside being in such a warm and loving environment, surrounded by such amazing people what else could I have asked for? I am so damn lucky!
As I walked inside, I was surprised to see Lorenzo, Leonardo, my dad and Mr Romano all waiting for me although I wasn't excited to see my dad, I didn't make a fuss about it.

Everyone seemed pleased to see me recover without any major long-term injuries I only had a few stitches and some occasional aches in the body after the week-long treatment at the hospital.