67. Homecomings Ball

I woke up early as per my schedule, but truth be spoken I didn't get much sleep last night

I woke up early as per my schedule, but truth be spoken I didn't get much sleep last night. The excitement of my first ever homecoming ball was difficult to hide!

I decided to spend my time exercising in the home gym. I did some kick-boxing and gymnastic rope exercise. After exercise I took a long and special shower.

I scrubbed and exfoliated my skin, to make it glow from within, I spent close to 1 hour bathing.
After shower I wore blue denim shorts and a white top before proceeding downstairs for a hearty breakfast.

My dad and brother were already present and wished me a very good morning.
As I was digging into my chicken sandwich I saw my brother looking at me and smiling. I asked him what for was he smiling he said because he was surprised to see me so happy and cheerful.

"am I not happy on other days?" I asked
"no I didn't mean that today seems special" he replied.
I proceeded to tell them about the ball tonight and how Giovanni would pick me up at 7pm and I would be dressed like a princess and he would be my prince, I went on blabbering for God knows how long and my poor brother and dad listened, smiling throughout the ordeal.

I slowly started realise what I had missed in my life for so many years, the doting love of my dad. I must have never pushed him away so far from myself, but whats done cannot be changed, we only have the future to make so many great memories that the bad ones don't matter anymore.

My brother left for work but my dad stayed back at home and told me to follow him and I did as I was said.
As I was following him a familiar corridor arrived and I wondered why he is taking me here, but I didn't say anything just followed.

He got out a key from his pocket and opened a room. The room looked neat and and clean everything was arranged properly, but the place had some terrible memories attached to them.

The room belonged to my mother and father. After her demise my father couldn't bear living there so he arranged everything as it would have been when my mom was alive and started living in the other room, I can understand it must be really painful for him to enter this room.

He opened the walk in closet and asked me to come inside, and I followed suit.
"Aurora this place has all the accessories your mom used throughout her life, untouched and just the way she would have arranged it." My father said.
He took out a jewellery box and gave it to me. I opened it to find a beautiful sapphire necklace inside.

"This belonged to your mother, she wore it on her homecoming ball and now it must be worn by you on your special day. Today is the day we change guards and usher you into a new era of your youthfulness" my dad said almost teary eyed and hugged me real tight.

The moment was so intense that I couldn't take it anymore and started crying like a little baby, tears streamed continuously down my cheeks. My dad wiped them and lifted my face up "she lives in you, make her proud."