15. Jealousy

The dreaded and boring first day of school goddamn it! It feels like summer started ust about yesterday, then I realize I didn’t really have a summer it was rehab and all the other bullshit on top of that I have this stupid girl Aurora in my life

Why did my brothers get her to spy on me? Couldn’t they find a better solution? Everytime I see her I feel like a complete failure! I just want her to leave me alone.

I woke up just in time for school and quickly dashed off in my jeep. After a 30 minute drive breaking all traffic rules I reached school. No sooner I had

stepped out of my jeep that the  second bane of my existence  stepped on me and started eating my face. Veronica Ricci the girl I had the misfortune of sleeping with once and now she hunts me like a bloodhound, thinking it was all love.

I must have told her  about  million times that I don’t have feelings for her but she has latched on to me like a leech, I guess she will only leave after sucking away all my energy.
I push her away and glare at her before screaming in her face “how many times do I need to tell you to not kiss me and act like my girlfriend in public, I slept with you just once and that doesn’t mean that I want to marry you, understand?”

Veronica glares at me and angrily replies “ I am the only girl in this entire high school who matches your social status  and good looks yet you ignore me huh? I guess you don’t see the value of the diamond in front of your eyes.”

I ignores her and walks inside the school building thinking to himself how much better the annoying and perfect Aurora is in comparison to this Bimbo talking about her “value”. At least Aurora minds her own business instead of stalking and harassing me all the time. I look around and try to find Aurora, but to no avail.

Suddenly two of my best buddies Atlas and Xander appear, I am overjoyed to see them. Atlas taps me on my shoulder and Xander gives me a high five.
Atlas asks me “hey bro whatsup? Are you looking for something?”
“nope” I replied and tried to divert the topic before they got suspicious by asking them about their holidays.

Both shrugged their shoulders at the same time and replied “same old same.”
We stood there and joked around for a bit before Atlas suggested we bunk the first lecture and head to the terrace for a nice old smoke-up session. We used our good old secret door to the terrace and proceeded to commit our favourite sins.

We lose track of time on the rooftop, it feels like as if we arrived a minute ago. We get back to the classroom 10 minutes before the class ends. As me and my friends are about to enter the classroom I notice Aurora sitting in the third row furiously taking down notes, she is completely focused. A voice breaks my focus on her, it’s the algebra teacher being sarcastic towards us for being late.

I ignore her and sit down on a seat at the very end of the classroom.
The lecture ends and one by one a few lectures pass away in flash, soon its lunch time. As all the students are excitedly hurrying towards the cafeteria and from the corner of my eye I see Veronica knowingly nudge Aurora which results in her falling down and spilling all her stuff on the floor.

Although she is being bullied I cannot stand up for her, it will ruin my reputation in the high school I need to keep that in mind as well, but as I ignore her and move towards the cafeteria with my friends I feel a pang of guilt in my gut for not helping her why do I get these weird sensations from time to time because of her I don’t have any clue.

I made my way to the table occupied by my friends and I observed Aurora find the table farthest away and sit down alone to eat her lunch.

Soon she was joined by the geeky Luca at her table. Soon they started talking like long lost friends. I don’t why but I feel jealous and angry on Luca thoughts like 'why the hell is he here ' and "I will deal with this spaghetti haired lose'
enter my mind and I find myself angrily staring in there direction for quite some time.

Even Aurora notices this and we make eye contact after which she keeps on ignoring me for the rest of the break. I mentally chastise myself for thinking like that and return to class with my gang.

The rest of the day passes in a haze and soon it’s time to go home. I head to the parking lot with my buddies Xander and Atlas. They ask me if I to smokeup and have a  drinking session tonight, although the offer was tempting I had to refuse because Aurora had been spying on me the entire day and will report back to my brother, also he is on high alert I couldn’t take any more risks after the rehab fiasco.

Before we depart they remind me of the upcoming fresher’s party on Saturday and I reply “will see what I can do fingers crossed”.
On the drive back home I think to myself. I need to do something to get Aurora off my case and  find ways to distract her so that she will report false positives about my good behavior and reduce my brother’s suspicious instincts, I need to put on the good boy cap and be a overall good kid, I don’t think me missing the lectures or my friends circle made a  good impression on her

I sigh and take a deep breathe stopping myself from thinking any further about this situation I  am already in stress  and rage due to the day’s events and its not the perfect time to make critical decisions I shut my internal struggles for the rest of the drive and head to my room to freshen up and get some steam off.

As I enter my room, I am greeted by Charlie who jumps on me in delight. Seeing him takes all my stress away and I am back to my cheerful self. I play with him and shower him with hugs and kisses he returns the favor by proceeding to lick my face.

I start talking to him about Aurora that how I met the girl who had helped me save him at the mall  and she studies with me  and its so exciting.

“The flower of love blossoms in the driest of deserts
You can try your best to hide or deny it
It will find a way to reveal its secrets”

*************************************

What lies in store for the Giovanni-Aurora Coupling?
Will it blossom or wither away?