52. Birthday celebration!!

Seeing my brother furious was making my mind run in overdrive wondering why he is so upset

Seeing my brother furious was making my mind run in overdrive wondering why he is so upset. I slowly made my way to the living room, measuring every step I took.

I was really worried about him finding about me and Giovanni and I didn't want him to confront me on that.
Seeing me arrive he says "Aurora, you have really disappointed me, I didn't expect this from you!"
This sentence convinces me of my worst fears.

I sat besides him and said "brother please listen to me I can explain"
He cut me in the middle and said "what's there to explain everything is right in front of me, you were involved in a life-threatening accident and you didn't feel like informing me! Don't you trust me or what?"

I was surprised by his statement and also a little relieved knowing that she wasn't aware of my relationship with Giovanni.
I composed myself and said "Apologies for keeping you in the dark, the only reason I hid my accident from you and also why no one informed you was that we didn't want to stress you and affect you work in America. I know how much you adore me and you would have dropped all work and come back if you knew about it"

Although he feels hurt, he understands my reason.
He hugs me and asks me about my health and recovery.
"Why did you come back so early? You were supposed to be back 2-3 days later" I asked.

"Tomorrow is Leonardo and Lorenzo's birthday and I came here to surprise them" my brother answered.
"Why don't you go with Emilia and get some gifts for them, I won't be able to come as I am really busy" he added
I nodded my head in agreement and went to my room.

I decided to call Emilia to my house and we will go shopping together and have dinner together.
"We have to get up early for school tomorrow" she says
She is shocked and tells me that I am out of mind for wanting to go shopping during a weekday.

"The only reason I am asking you to come shopping on such a short notice is that, tomorrow is Leonardo and Lorenzo birthday!"
I hear silence on the other end but after some time she answers "okay fine I will help you get done with this shopping thing."
"You must be invited for the party tomorrow, right?" I asked.
"Yes, but my mom and dad will go I wont be coming because I have to finish some assignment" She replied.

"Please come to the party, I would be bored without you and I know your mom won't be able to make it because she is busy with the launch of her new restaurant so it will be only you and your dad, please reconsider it and change your mind."
I pleaded with her to change her mind.
"You are correct my mother will be busy so she wont be able to make it, that's alright my dad will go its not an important event" she answered

"dude what are you saying its Lorenzo's and Leonardo's birthday, one of the most eligible bachelors in all of Rome and you think its not important?"
I tried my best to convince her, but she was adamant.
"You have Giovanni with you, he will keep you company and it might be important for you but I don't want to go" she said angrily.