37. Sweet Couple

I was sleeping peacefully when someone started pulling my blanket and tickling my leg, Initially I thought it was a dream but when it was unbearable and hard to sleep I sat up to see it was Adrian trying to wake me up

I looked outside the window and it was still dark and my brother was all dressed up as if we had to go somewhere, something didn't feel right but I wanted to go back to sleep, I checked my phone and it was 4am.
"Its still dark outside why are you disturbing my sleep and where are you going so early in the morning?"

The next words that came out of my brother's mouth made my sleep disappear completely and I was in alert mode.
"Giovanni is hospitalised and we need to go now" he said.

I took a few minutes to understand the weight of his words and was all of this a reality and not a dream. I quickly went inside my walk-in closet and changed into a floral print dress and braided my hair.

We quickly drove to the city hospital, the best medical facility in the entirety of Rome

We arrived after a 45 minute drive, we didn't have to say anything to the staff . The moment they saw us, they directed us to the VIP ward where Giovanni was.
On the seating space outside Sophia had her head in hands crying unconsolably, Mr. Romano was patting and massaging her back, trying in vain to comfort her, but only a mother can feel the pain of seeing their child get so close to death, where their life hangs on a knife's edge.

Leonardo was seated at a corner with a sombre expression and his twin Lorenzo was on his phone, but the moment he saw us he cut the call and greeted my brother before escorting me to a spot far away from everyone, he wanted to talk about something.

"Why weren't you there with Giovanni yesterday?, remember I pay you for this" he said angrily
"Because we had a serious argument and I didn't feel like spending the day dealing with his stupid tantrums that's why" I said
"was it argument or break-up?" he asked in a cheeky manner.

The question just stunned me like a taser and I couldn't me I started stammering "uh hhhhow ddo you know?"
"Darling unlike your brother who gives you all the freedom in the world and trusts you blindly, I keep an eye on every little detail about Giovanni" he said in an authoritative manner and walked towards the rest of the crowd, leaving me alone to ponder about how Giovanni was hurt because of me
Little did I know soon the tables were about to turn.