54. Darkness

I am in a dark room similar to a hidden chamber or basement in a mansion completely underground and cut off from the outside world, only small flickering LED lights prevented the room from being swallowed completely by darkness

Being in such a place didn't scare me at all, because it was not my first time in here. I have been here before with my dad, but the reason for being here today are quite horrific compared to my previous visits.
By my side stood my dad flanked by his two bodyguards.

In the centre of the room tied by a chair was a man in his early twenties face bloodied and blindfolded, he was someone familiar to me and I am the reason behind this young man facing all this this trauma, which would soon get even more worse.

After beating him the bodyguards continued to cut of each finger of his hand. Saying that it was a heinous event was an understatement.

I believe the punishers in hell would be more sympathetic in comparison to my dad and his bodyguards. If my dad can do this to someone else imagine what standing I have in his eyes. My troubles and trauma are nothing in comparison to what the young man went through and how his life from this moment onwards has changed completely.
Before my dad killed the person I screamed "Stop it dad please don't hurt him anymore, its not his fault" but my dad ignored my pleas and said "look at that guy and remember this fact that I am punishing this guy not for his mistake but I am punishing him because of your stupidity."

My dad took a pause for some moments and spoke in an even more angry tone "I told you to complete the job and clean up the mess you have created so far but instead of doing that you spent your time fooling around with this low-life bartender!"
I felt really guilty about sleeping with the poor fellow if I had not slept with this guy, he wouldn't be facing so much trouble. He was just a normal bartender minding his own business I was the one who needed a quick distraction fuck.

I was lost in my thoughts when my dad's devilish voice roared in the basement once more "remember Veronica because of your stupidity this guy will die right in front of your eyes. Someone who doesn't deserve this but he will die just because of your stupidity. Your punishment is the guilt you will face for the rest of your lives, that an innocent man died because of your foolishness"
I was crying like a mad person by this time I didn't know what to do to stop this atrocity from taking place, but I was helpless in front of a devil in the guise of a man, my father.

The bodyguards tortured the man some more before on the signal of my father one of them went out and got a machete and the end was evident to me. I tried to shut my eyes but my dad slapped me and forced me to watch the ordeal.

I will never forget the scene till the day I die, the guards mercilessly hacked his head off. Blood was splattered all around and some fell on my dress as well. His headless body lay on the floor squirming and shaking for a bit and then it lay still on the floor.
I was numb and the world started spinning around me I didn't know what to feel, my dad crossed all limits of humanity and I didn't know what to expect from him anymore. I collapsed on my knees as if my legs couldn't take my wait anymore.
I kept staring at the headless body for a long time.