63. Fyre Festival

Finally, the day has arrived of the fyre festival after weeks of preparations it was time to execute it all

Finally, the day has arrived of the fyre festival after weeks of preparations it was time to execute it all. Today is the day of the fyre festival!

The school had decided to organise the festival on a Sunday so that the students and teachers alike should enjoy without hampering their regular school schedule.

Emilia, Giovanni, Luca and I had reached the school earlier than other students because we were the part of the organising committee and being the president there was extra responsibilities over my shoulder.

Our team along with the teacher in charges was responsible for all activities from catering, decorations to music.
The work was properly divided between us depending on expertise and interest, but my job was to supervise and co-ordinate everything, so that all the work is in sync and if anything goes wrong to take decisions and initiate backup plans or handle the situation in a way to make things work.

Emilia was responsible for the catering, thanks to her mom being a famous restaurateur, all the food and drinks was handled by her so that was sorted Emilia just had to co-ordinate and keep things in check.

The most important aspect was the decoration, because good food is fine but the decoration has to memorable something that people talk about for days and weeks to come. We reached early to finish the remaining preparations and stuff that could be done only on the day of the event.

Luca and Giovanni prepped the lanterns the mainstay of the events. The costumes also arrived in a few hours and all the students and teachers had been briefed before hand about the schedule. Pamphlets had been distributed days prior and now I just hoped things would turn out according to the plans, fingers crossed!
I briefed the workers responsible for the decorations one more time: the curtains must be golden and white and ancient look must be maintained.

Instead of modern lights we were going to use chandeliers and candles to provide an ancient and gothic look to the school. We had very less time and everything must be ready by 6pm, so that we can get dressed up as well.

Work was as important as enjoying my first ever fyre festival with my friends.
The students and teachers arrived around noon so that they can have enough time to dress up in their costume of choice before the event began.

We worked till 1pm without any break and around 75 per cent of the work was done and we took a 45 minutes lunch break. Around 3pm all the work was done only some final touches were left to be added so Emilia suggested it was time to get dressed.

We headed for the dressing room together helping each other dress up and do the makeup as well.

I chose to be Athena, Greek Goddess of wisdom because it was appropriate for my real life self as well. To be very honest I have always loved Athena in all the fantasy books or Greek mythology I have ever read. She was the one who saved the asses of other gods in times of danger or when they would fuck up big time, Zeus was really famous for that. I always wanted to be like her in my life, using my wisdom and knowledge for the greater good of people around me.