Chapter 3

I am not a morning person.

Like, at all. I do not understand people who are. How do you wake up happy?

Can you guess who is a morning person?

"It's a new day, the sun is up." He starts singing, "So is my dick, but no one cares about that." He sighs.

Why is he so loud?

"Hey, do girls wake up wet?"
What?

"It seems like an imbalance if guys wake up ready to go, but girls don't. What are we supposed to do with it?"
It is way too early in the morning for this.

"It's really not fair. Do you know how painful morning wood is?" He continues ranting.

"One word. Periods." If you think that is what is not fair.

"That's not fair. It's not like you are horny on your periods." How are men this clueless?

"You are horny, nauseous, bloated, you have diarrhea, cramps, headaches and just about everything else you can imagine. It is awful." And if my maths is correct I am expecting it soon.

He is quiet. I look over at him to find his mouth ajar with his eyes about to bulge out of their sockets.

"You get diarrhea on your period? Damn. I guess both the front and back door are closed for business."

That's it. I'm done.

Luckily, the door opens and the intimidating man from last night drops a few bags.
From the looks of it, they cleared out our living quarters.

I do not like it.
It means they were snooping through our things. No respect for personal property. This is starting to feel awfully familiar.

"Someone will be up to get you in an hour. Feel free to take this time to clean yourselves." His condescending tone is not lost on us. Nor is it appreciated.

"As much as I want to spend the next hour plotting how to get away with setting him on fire, we have to come up with a strategy. How are we going to play this?" Valdus asks going through his bags.

"I don't trust them. I say for now we stay quiet and observe. Do not commit to anything just yet." I suggest. As much as I want to punch my way out of here, I can't. We have to gather information about our prison if we have any hope of escaping.

"Also, you have to watch that tongue of yours outside of this room." He reminds me.

"Hey, I've been good!"

"You were five seconds from saying something snarky to grumpy." I was.

"Well maybe he should watch how he talks to people." He might end up unable to ever talk again.

"He doesn't have to. He's a lycan. He can snap your little neck like a blade of grass." I know. Doesn't mean I like it.

"I'll be more careful." I grit out begrudgingly.

"Good. Now you go shower and I'll pick you out something to wear."

"I can pick out my own clothes." I'm not a toddler.

"I was trying to be helpful and save you the hour you are going to spend picking between two identically boring dresses."

"As if you are any better." He takes longer than me.

"Yes, but I take five minutes in the shower, you need half an hour." He makes a good point.

"You realise we're wasting time debating who takes longer getting ready, right?" He points out.