Chapter 8

"What orb is he talking about?" Princess Dawn asks.

"That does not matter..." "It matters if that is what will save my sister." Renho interrupts me.

Arya suddenly gasps before looking at me wide-eyed.
"The Orb of Krono." She whispers. How does she even know about that?

"What is that?" Prince Braeden asks.

"It's a myth. Apparently, the remnant of an asteroid, the orb is a perfect sphere made of some stone not found on earth. They say it can see across time and space. It's where the idea of a crystal ball came from." She rants off. Okay, how does she know this shit?

"What do you mean, seeing through space and time?" Princess Renho asks.

"It lets you see the past, the future, the present. Anything you want to see. But it disappeared some two thousand years ago, never to be seen again. Do you have the orb of Krono?"

Everyone is now looking at me.

"We could use it to find William. It could save Rasheeda." Rasheeda? Is that her sister's name?

"I do not have any magical orbs in my bags." I tell them.

"Why would he think you do? Do you know where it is?" Princess Dawn asks suspiciously.

"No."

"Lie." Alaric finally speaks. The first thing he says all morning is accusing me of lying. Well, he's right, but still.

"You're lying to us?" Renho looks murderous.

"Where is it?" Prince Braeden is the one to ask this time.

"That is none of your concern."

"Like hell it isn't. That orb could save my sister." Renho sneers at me.
"Tell us where it is." Prince Braeden demands.

"Over my dead body."

"That can easily be arranged." Renho takes a step toward me but the 'A' pack and Valdus immediately flank me.

"I have already kicked all of your asses before. I will do it again." She threatens them.

"You think so?" Aedion asks challengingly.
"Come at us." Arya challenges.
Valdus' arms wrap around my torso, ready to drag me out of there if a fight breaks out.

I guess Arya was right, they really see me as part of their pack. That they would fight the Crown Prince for me... well, they would probably fight him anyway.

"How did I know you guys would be fighting?" A new voice enters the room.

I turn to look and Woah! Alaric is still the hottest guy ever, but this man is without a doubt second.
He is about the same height as Alaric but leaner. Smooth tan skin, a killer bone structure, fleshy lips and dark almond eyes make his face a sight for sore eyes.

"What is going on now?" He asks looking at the two packs which look ready to tear each other apart.
His calm demeanor makes me believe that this is a regular ocurrence.

"They are not helping." Princess Renho begins which leads to a whole debate between her and Dawn and Arya.

The leader of the Mikret pack as the only impartial lycan in the room then explains the entire situation to the new man who nods silently.

"First and foremost," he turns to look at me, "hello. My name is Ace." He does not look like an Ace.
Wait, Ace as in Arya's mate?

"I'm sorry you are in this position." He apologises sincerely.