Chapter 23

Alaric's POV

"Do you remember the first time we met?" Her question makes me smile. I was just thinking about it myself.

Braeden had just briefed us and Arya and Renho were going at it about something or the other.
The first thing I noticed was her scent. I have never smelled anything like it so I lack the words to describe it.

Then I saw her.
I have never been good with words, but I have never been speechless. She rendered me speechless. The entire vocabulary I spent years learning disappeared. All I could do was stare.
I knew what she is. Deep in my gut I knew she is my paramour, but I still could not believe it.

I still cannot.

Perhaps it is a good thing we do not feel the bond. I cannot pursue anything with her. Not until this business with my uncle is solved.

"You deceived me into believing you were quiet." I recall.

Her laugh fills the room.
"Bet you never saw me coming." She smiles brightly at me.

How am I supposed to steel my resolve when she smiles at me like that?

"We were supposed to be talking about sex." She then reminds me. And just like that my semi becomes hard again.

Fuck! This is harder than I thought it would be.

I have had this conversation a few times, yet for some reason, I am flailing.

"You were right to stop us last night." Her statement is correct, but what prompted it?

"As much as I want to fuck you into next week," Fuck! What is she doing to me?
I can already picture her laid bare beneath me looking as fucking edible as ever.
I would kiss her like my life depended on it before making her cum on my tongue. Next, I would devote a few minutes to finding every single one of her erogenous zones, like that spot on her neck. I will never forget how she responded when I kissed her there.

Just when she is on edge, I would flip her over so her perfect little ass is up in the air. She'd be turned on enough to hopeful not be in any pain when I finally fuck her. I can just imagine how..

"Alaric!" My attention is snapped back into the present and I am extremely aware.

I am aware of my raging engorged dick, of the surge of hormones flooding my system. And of her.

All of her.

Her unique clear blue eyes are flashing with emotions and her pouty fleshy lips are pursed. Those lips that taste like the first rain after a drought, like strawberries and lemons.

My eyes travel lower to her dainty neck to her elegant shoulders. But only for a second before they land on her tits staring back at me. It is a sin that I haven't tasted them yet.

I can tell by the way they rise that she is horny. That and the pebbling of her nipples through the flimsy material of her shirt.

Looking back up at her face, her eyes are hooded and her lips are slightly parted, inviting me to taste them once more.

The small pants escaping those luscious lips only flame the fire of desire spreading through me, incinerating all logical thoughts like dry leaves.

"Sometimes when I need to stop myself from getting too turned on, I picture my parents doing it."

I blink. Then blink again. I can never tell what she will say next. It is oddly amusing.

"It would be more repulsive to you. Not only are they your parents, they're your king and queen. Do you think they fuck with crowns on? Imagine your mother's crown falling down because your dad is fucking her too hard."

"I imagine my parents copulate as much as any other paramour couple. As for their kinks, I believe I heard my father call her 'angel' repeatedly." I shrug relieved at the change in topic. If only my dick could get the message.

"Angel is a term of endearment many people use. Like when Ace calls Arya "love". I don't think it counts as a kink." Noted.

"Does her calling him "daddy" while copulating count?" Her already large eyes are now saucers and I could get lost in the blue of them.

"How can you talk about your parents fucking like that?" Is it wrong? We often talk of Ace and Arya having sex.

"What is wrong?" I have made another mistake. Damn me.

"It's your parents." Now I am even more confused.

"People are generally repulsed by the idea of their parents fucking." She explains yet it makes no sense to me.

"How do they think they came into this world?" We are not capable of asexual reproduction.

"We know our parents have done it. Obviously. It's just not something we ever want to think about."

Alright. It does not make any sense to me, but few things do.

"Another helpful hint is to not share details of people's sex lives to people they are not on friendly terms with. It is personal private information most couples are not comfortable sharing with anyone except their closest friends."

I look at her and she does not look angry at me. In fact, she looks her normal cheery relaxed self.

When did we reach this point? She is already explaining societal norms to me casually. It took nine months to reach this point with Arya and two years with Aedion.

I suppose Ace has been doing it for as long as I can remeber too. Then again he has known me since before I could talk.

"Why do you no longer wish to have sex with me?" Did my mistake repel her? No, she changed her mind berore then.

"I already explained." She deadpans.

"I was distracted." I admit causing her to smirk at me. My eyes are instantly drawn to her perfectly soft lips.

It is incredible. Somehow I find too many things about her perfect. Even her slightly asymmetrical eyebrows.

"I used to dream of what it would be like to meet my perfect partner. Granted that innocent girl died years ago, but whether or not we choose to acknowledge this, I am your paramour. We are fated. We might not feel it, but one day we might. And I would be pissed if you slept with me then fucked someone else." One thing sticks out to me.

"What reason would there be for us to feel the bond at another time if we do not feel it now?" Her heart rate spikes slightly and I can see slight tension in her muscles.

"Anything is possible" is her vague reponse.

Another secret.

"I know you don't think I'm worthy to be a queen..."

"What gave you that idea?" In what way is she not worthy? What determines worth?

"You said it." She accuses. Me? She must be confused.

"I said you could never be queen. Not only do you have too many secrets which would inevitably be exposed to the whole world if you were to become queen," her eyes pop as her breath hitches, "you would hate it. Endless paperwork, hosting endless supernatural meetings and frivolous parties, dealing with haughty leaders and dignitaries, being stuck in one place and one role for the rest of your life. You would be miserable. Not to mention the scorn you would receive, simply for being my paramour and the target on your back. I cannot do that to you." I will not be responsible for anyone else's misery.

She blinks rapidly which I have come to realise means she is processing whatever I said. When her eyes finally meet mine, she just stares at me.
Is she challenging me again?

About that,
"How can you maintain eye contact with me for so long?" Even my father cannot for more than a minute.

"I am your match-in every way." She is not lying.

The more I learn about her, the more questions arise.

I cannot judge her, I have a few secrets of my own.

----------------------------------------------
Thoughts? I love hearing from you.