Chapter 45

"Speaking of fucked up. We have news from the Court." Prince Braeden states. I already know this won't be good.

"The Court of Kings has decided to seal the records from the trial of Nova-Cielle Vermillion." He informs us.

"Well, that doesn't sound bad. Everybody will just think I died." If anything, that sounds perfect. I will continue living my life unaffected by the trial.

"No." I'm sorry, what?
"There is still going to be a record of the trial of Nova-Cielle Vermillion: the dark sorceress, but no one will be able to read the contents of the file." He elaborates.

"What does that mean?" A stupid question, I know. But I need to hear it to believe it.

"It means the court screwed you over." Aedion states.
"Not only will everyone now know you are still alive, they now know your identity."

"Without knowing the truth of what actually happened." Arya adds on.

Perfect. Just absolutely perfect.

I should have known those asses would pull off something like this. Self-righteous, pompous, proud dicks. How are they the leaders of our world?
Fucking shitheads.

"Nebula." I can hear the name, but it does not register in my head. Instead I am fantasising about the best way to kill each of those so-called "kings".

A hand on my shoulder brings me back to reality as the slightest of tingles dance across my skin.
I notice everyone looking at me and want to scowl.
"What?"

"What was that?" Princess Dawn asks.

"Was what?" I ask annoyed.

"I thought you said you were human now." Princess Renho says accusingly.

When did I say that?

"Hey, Nebs. Do you remember Bo?" Valdus asks me.

"Bo! Duh. Why? Where is she?" One of the few friends I ever made.

"I don't know. I just wanted to pull you back." He shrugs.

Oh. I thought he might have heard something about her. Either way, good call.
I mouth a thanks to him which he acknowledges with a nod. Always looking out for me.

"Bo Sasuke?" I nod surprised Princess Renho knows her.

"How do you know Bo?" She asks much less intense than she usually is.

"She was our best friend back in Tokyo." The good old days. I miss her.

"How do you know Bo?" Valdus asks the real question here.

"She is my best friend."

"Whaat? You?" Princess Renho is Bo's lycan best friend?

"Why do you sound like the idea of it is crazy?" Renho asks unimpressed.

"Bo is such a free spirit-she was always down for literally anything. And no offense but you have a real stick up your ass. How are you two best friends?" It makes no sense to me.

"I do not have a stick up my ass." Princess Renho defends making Arya snort.

"You do." She agrees with me.

"I am fun." She crosses her arms.

"Sure you are." I try not to laugh as I say it. I cannot imagine Princess Renho having fun. What would that even look like?

"You wouldn't know. I'm only fun if I like you."

I try not to, but one side of my lips curves up.

"I think we are off track. Nebula is in danger here." Princess Dawn states.