Chapter 51

"Today marks three months since you unblocked your magic. Let's see what you can do." Ace says as he, Val, Lani, Alaric and Arya all walk over to my training area.

I have an audience today?
Might as well show them my new trick.

"How do you want to do this?" Aedion asks with a wicked smile.

"Let's show them my shield." I answer him proudly.

"You guys might want to move back for this." Aedion warns them and I watch them move back.

Alright, now focus. Focus on the singularity point. I feel it.

Now project.

The raw power shoots out of me creating a massive wall of black in front of our entire settlement.

It takes a little more focus to sustain it at this size.
Noted.

"What is that?" Val asks looking stunned.

"A shield, through which no magic can pass." Aedion explains.

"Okay, how does that help us?" Arya asks already thinking ahead.

"It'll block any attacks the witch throws our way." Ace comments thoughtfully.

I am beginning to feel the effects of the spell now so I pull back. The black wall disappears and I feel the need to stretch out my limbs.

"Aside from that, I can cast a few small spells, like a protection spell here to keep Lani and Arya safe while we're gone." I show off.

Impressive for only three months of training.

Since I understood my magic, I have been in sync. Spells are coming easier. Not a lot. Obviously. Even I have limitations. But I have two other spells I am certain about.

"The protection spell will only last a week though. I cannot make it last any longer." Yet. I add to myself.

"How sure are you with that spell?" Ace asks concerned. I know that the idea of leaving Arya is stressing him out. Especially now that she is showing. Arya leans into him so her smell relaxes him.
Cute.

"Even I couldn't get through it." Aedion tells him.

"I worked on it for weeks. It's virtually impenetrable." I assure him.

"What are your other spells?" Alaric asks.

Something isn't right here. Alaric is a little too tense and I can feel Ace's anxiety over the pack bond.

"A tracking spell and some basic illusions." The basics. But she always said to master the basics before moving on to the advanced spells.

"What is going on?" I ask them.

"Nothing."
I don't buy it.

"What is going on?" I repeat the question.

"Truly. Nothing. Braeden sent word that William has been spotted near Windhoek. They are on their way there as we speak." Ace goes on.

William! I forgot about him. Ironic, since he is the one that started all of this.

"Once he is caught, things are going to start moving fast. I may be called to question him." He goes on. Well that explains his anxiety. He does not want to leave Arya. But it would be dangerous to take her with him when that is the most likely point of attack.

I lock eyes with Val who is also slightly anxious. He will have to leave Lani behind when the time comes too.

"We've got this guys. I have the protection spell down pat. A few more months and I'll have more attack spells ready. I got all the ingredients to make various tonics yesterday. Plus, you guys are pretty badass yourselves. Everything will be fine." I remind them.
"Once we get William, we'll have more information on their plans too." I add.