Chapter 49

Training with Aedion is going great. He helps me for most of the morning before leaving me to train and practice by myself.
Fortunately, no more hills have been ruined.
Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for the trees.

The pretty little beams have an extreme amount of power behind them and I have been working on controlling my output as well as aim.
The best part is I can shoot off attacks immediately after each other. I did this for four hours just the other day without getting tired.

Not bad at all if I may say so myself.

It has been two weeks and two days since I discovered this spell and I am now somewhat comfortable with it.

Which means, we have to move on to something else.
As cool as this attack is, a witch with only one spell, no matter how powerful, is vulnerable.

It sounds weird, but think of it like this; imagine a fighter whose right hook can kill you. But a right hook is all they can do. It's easy to figure it out and find a way around that.

I, at the very least, need an uppercut, grapple, flying knee and solid defense.

That is how I explained it to Alaric.
Which has led to today. He and Aedion are here to "help me".
Alaric says it is to prevent any more destruction, but come on; something is obviously going to be destroyed. What is he going to do?

I smell someone new. An earthy scent, like a ripe, juicy plum and metal with a hint of basil slowly approaches.

"Don't worry, she's a friend." Aedion informs me.

"You have witch friends?" I do not know why I find that so odd. Oh wait, yes I do. Witches generally keep to themselves.

"More of an acquaintance than anything." Alaric clarifies, but Aedion's smirk makes me curious.

"She shouldn't be here." Alaric grumbles.

"Lighten up, Alaric." A cheery voice says.
We all turn to see a tall, voluptuous woman in magical gear. Damn, I forgot about that.
As a witch grows with her magic, she finds her witch dress. Or it finds you. Generally, we have very little control of the outfit, but it is said to match our auras.

She is wearing a silver bodysuit that looks like liquid silver molded onto her body. It literally clings to every one of her unreal curves, and the sweetheart neckline shows off her impressive cleavage.

I'm not jealous, you are.

I do love her orchid platform heel boots which tie in nicely with the translucent lilac cape draping behind her. I would wear those boots.

"So, this is the dark sorceress. I expected more." Bitch. But I keep my mouth shut.

"No need to antagonise her. I already did that." Aedion says and I watch amazed as her entire disposition changes.

"Oh, come on. You always get the fun stuff." She pouts crossing her arms.

What is happening here?

Also, what is that look in Aedion's eyes? Does someone have a crush?

"Just get started, will you?" Alaric is not pleased. I wonder why?

"Are you ever going to forgive me? It was years ago; I've grown a lot since then." She says to him. He simply stares blankly at her.

"Hi. I'm Rita." She introduces herself with a small smile.

Was the earlier bitchiness an act, or is this an act?
Either way.

"I assume you know who I am." I respond keeping my tone polite enough no to be rude, but definitely not friendly.

"A powerful sorceress practicing strange magic." Is her reply.
Interesting.