Chapter 21

Dawn and I have reached an impasse.

"You have really pretty hair." I admit noting her thick straight golden blonde hair. It looks like it glitters. It is incredibly beautiful.

My compliment takes her by surprise and I smile before turning around and walking away.

I am barely out of the library when a hand grabs my arm. Out of sheer instinct I turn around ready to blast them out of existence. As if I could.

Fortunately, I am met by Alaric's gorgeous face.
I should have known. He is the only lycan who grabs me gentle enough not to hurt me.

Before I can ask him any questions, his lips descend upon mine, claiming them in a fiery kiss. I freeze-momentarily shocked-before melting into his hold and kissing him back.
This kiss is different from the first one. I feel this one deep in my bones all the way to my toes. Wrapping my arm around his neck, I bury my fingers in his impossibly soft hair which he seems to enjoy. His hands move from my waist to my ass pulling me flush against him. His tongue plunders my too receptive mouth and I swear I have a waterfall in my panties. Everything about this is needy, desperate, primal even. Everything else dissipates, it is just him and I in this moment. In this moment, he is mine.

Mine.

He isn't mine yet.

That thought sobers me up and I pull away from him.

"If you keep kissing me like that, this is going to get really complicated." I tell him through laboured breaths.
My head is still spinning.

"You are correct." A delicious shiver runs through me at the sound of his voice. My pussy is definitely protesting my decision but the bitch needs to chill out. So should that other bitch in my chest.

But how can they when he is looking at me like I am dinner and dessert.
My self-control is slipping.

"Alaric" it comes out as a whimper and I am pressed against the wall as Alaric ravishes my mouth.
I am about to faint from lack of oxygen when he starts trailing kisses down the column of my neck.

Oh, sweet heavens! He found the tap.

"So fucking good" he rasps giving that spot extra attention eliciting a breathy moan from me.
I unconsciously start grinding against his hard on.

"Fuck." Before I can process it I am tossed on the bed in his room with the door closed.

Holy fuck? Is this happening? Are we really about to have sex?

"Who knew all I had to do to shut you up is kiss you?" That cocky smirk of his will be my undoing.

I am about to say something back when he takes off his shirt. What was I thinking? Now my only thoughts involve licking every inch of him.

He stalks over to me like a predator stalking its prey. Graceful, strategic, cocky movements. In what feels like eternity, he is finally on top of me and yet he is still not touching me.
I can see him fightimg with himself. Does he not want to do this?

"Fuck!" He grunts before jumping out the window. Wait. Did he just jump out the window?
What just happened?

¤¤¤¤

"Maybe you're a bad kisser." What? I just finished telling Val and Lani all about last night and that is his opinion? That I am a bad kisser?

"What? Why else would a guy jump out the window?" He tries to defend himself.

"I don't think you can know for sure without talking to him." Lani tells me with empathetic eyes.

"Or I could put laxatives in his food." I grumble still vexed.

"What you two need is a real proper talk. To air everything out." I know she is right. I suppose I thought it best to wait until the William issue was resolved, but that is taking longer than I anticipated.

"I'll tell you now, if he doesn't have a good reason, I am setting his hair on fire." Usually, I have no problem finishing myself off, but it felt extremely underwhelming last night. And I just know it's all his fault.

"I'm going to find him." He's probably training since he knows I am with Val.

"Wait, you're going dressed like that?" Val stops me as I stand up. "Are you trying to give the man blue balls?"

Looking down, I note my attire for today is very different. I sent all of my usual dresses to the laundry room so I am wearing my extremely short white shorts which have grown a little tight with a blue tank top.

"You should probably wear a bra at the very least." Lani comments eyeing my clothes.

"You're one to talk. You hardly ever wear a bra." I point out. She isn't even wearing one right now.
We both have relatively small breasts and should be able to get away with it, hut for some reason my nipples get hard very easy. Not fair.

"There's no point arguing sweetness, she has her mind made up." Val sighs pulling her closer to him.
"This is that pre-Tokyo-post-Amsterdam Nene. She used to dress like this all the time."

The good old days.

"I don't have time to reminisce with you. I'm going to make that asshole love me." I march out of the room determined. A talk is long overdue.

"Wait! You know I can't leave you alone until you're with him." Val calls after me.

Dammit. He's right.
Both Val and Lani join me as we head outside.

I am hit with an explosion of power as I step outside. It throws me off balance completely. Fortunately, Val catches me before I fall.

"Are you alright?" Lani asks fussing over me.

I barely hear her, my eyes are fixed on the skies above. It has been so long, I forgot what it feels like.

"What happened?" My favourite voice asks as his familiar face disrupts my view. Although, he is quite the view himself.

"She is fine. She just slipped." Val tells them while I try to gather my bearings.

"Do not lie to me again." Alaric's voice sounds deadly. Shit. My knees are shaking.

Pull yourself together, bitch.

"Just the person I was looking for." I stand up and face him.

"Come with me. We need to talk." I instruct him before walking back inside the house. I should spend as much time indoors as possible. It looks like it is almost time now.

I can feel Alaric close behind me as I lead him to the conference room we first met in. Opening the doors, I almost smile remembering our first meeting.

I was completely awestruck.

Alaric walks in and I make sure to close the door. I notice the windows are open and go to close those too.
Great. Now this room is soundproof. Too many nosey supernaturals around and I want this discussion to be private.

I turn around when I hear the lock click. Did he just lock us in? Why did he lock us in?

His eyes meet mine and I gulp loudly. Why is my heart racing? Because I am locked in a soundproof room with Alaric.

No one can save me now.

----------------------------------------------
So I noticed my chapters were not arranged properly and I just couldn't abide. I wound up unpublishing the whole story to try to fix it.

Here is a little bonus for the inconvenience.

What are you guys thinking?