Chapter 11

It has been a week of searching and they are no closer to finding William.
Tensions are high today as both royal packs are in the manor and everyone is frustrated. Except for Alaric who looks like he could not care less.

So, yes. Breakfast is very uncomfortable.

I reach for the blueberries at the same time as Princess Renho and feel it.

No, no, no, no, no, no.
Raw pain hits a special nerve with me. Before I can stop it a sympathetic tear escapes my eye.

"Are you crying?" Princess Renho asks, but I cannot look at her. Not when I know what I know.

Instead I focus on my plate.

"Fine. You can have the blueberries. You don't have to cry about it." She passes me the plate but I have lost interest in my food.

"Nebs?" Aedion and I have grown considerably closer this past week. He is actually a pretty cool guy when he decides to talk. Which is ten percent of the time.

He knows I do not cry much.

I can't tell her, can I?

Would I want to know? If it was Kai? The truth would crush me.

I look back up at her and my heart is screaming.

She has been working tirelessly to find Rasheeda. Doing everything that she can.

"I'm sorry." I say softly before trying to leave.

I say trying because she grabs my hand and the feeling hits me harder. Shit.

"What are you sorry for?" Her question is actually concerned, not angry.

"Nothing." It is not my place to tell her.

"Lie." Alaric's voice booms throughout the room.
What is he? A lycan lie detector?

"What are you sorry about? What is it? Are you okay?" Is she worried about me? Why is she worried about me?

"Whatever it is, you can tell us." Prince Braeden adds on.

Why are they suddenly being nice to me? This would be so much easier if they were being the jerks they were last week.

"Nebula?" Aedion's voice is the final straw.

"A park near the palace where she liked to play. Don't go yourself. You don't want to be the one that finds her." I hate this.

"What are you talking about?" I hear Braeden's voice but Renho understands.

"No." It is barely above a whisper. I watch as it sets in and as her heart breaks.

"NO!!!" This time she cries it out loudly.

"She's not... she can't be." Tears are flowing freely down her face and her lips are quivering.

Dammit, I shouldn't have said anything.

"You're lying." I am not even bothered by her accusation.

"Say it! She's lying!" She screams at Alaric to tell her I am lying.

"Ren, listen to me. We don't know anything yet. There's no proof." Braeden tries to comfort her while Ace is already on the phone.

"There's no way she could know that." Princess Dawn tries to comfort her.

This is hard to watch. I try to run out of the room, but Alaric catches me before I can leave.

"Why would you say that?" Princess Dawn yells at me as they are trying to comfort Princess Renho.