Eleven

After a two weeks of travelling across Germany, I’m now back in Dortmund and have two weeks off to relax.

It’s been brilliant.

Literally I’ve spent that past two days lying in bed and watch all of the TV shows I’ve been missing.

Everything was going all peacefully until my phone started to ring.

“Hello?” I ask and lie back in my bed.

“Lia, are you doing anything tonight?” My mother asks.

“I plan on doing nothing for the next two weeks, so no I am doing nothing tonight.” I reply making her chuckle.

“Well that’s good because I’m going to have dinner tonight and your sisters and Marco are coming over so since you’re not doing anything you can come as well.” I can just tell that she’s smiling as she speaks to me.

“Okay, I’ll come over at around four to help you.”

“Okay, see you soon Lia. I love you.” She sings down the phone.

“I love you too.” I say and then hang up the phone up and then continue to watch the TV.

I watch the TV for another two hours until I go in for a shower. I pick out a pair of jeans and a comfy t-shirt, my hair is shoved up into a messy bun and a light BB cream covers my skin and luckily for me being a blonde I have noticeable eyebrows so I don’t really need to fill them in.

Leaving my apartment I lock the doors and then jog down the stairs to the car park and then head in the direction on my parent’s house. I sing along to the music on the radio.

I’m the first of the children to arrive at our parent’s house. I check the handle and realise it’s locked so I knock on the door and wait.

“Come’n in Lia. I’m making some pasta.” My mom says and opens the door for me so I quickly come inside because it was freezing cold outside and into their warm house.

“What do you want me to do?” I ask and I take off my shoes and go into the kitchen.

“Just cut up the peppers while I cut these sausages.” She tells me and points me over to the chopping board with some peppers on top.

I slice into all the peppers and dice them up as best as I can.

“Will I just pour them into the pot?” I ask and she nods so I pour the chopped up peppers into the massive pot filled with pasta in a tomato sauce.

“Thanks Lia.”

“Anything else you need?” I ask.

“No, it’s fine.” She says so I nod and then go into the living room where my dad is sitting.

“Hi dad.” I say and sit down on the couch and give him a hug.

“Hi Lia, how is my little girl?” He asks and I smile.

“She’s fine, she’s having a great time relaxing with her few days off.” I answer in third person making him laugh.

We then watch the news for the next hour until finally Yvonne and Melanie walk in with Nico.

“Ahh.” I scream and jump up off the couch and run towards my sisters but push past them and pick up my nephew. “Nico!” I shout and spin around with him.

“I feel quite offended because I really thought she was going to give us a hug.” Melanie says to Yvonne making me laugh.

“No, this little boy is my favourite out of everyone.” I kiss his cheek making him laugh.