Seventeen

Tonight is the last night.

I stand at the side of the stage and stretch in my shoes before I run on stage and start dancing with my partners.

Out of the corner of my eye I can see all my family and basically all of the national team here.

They're all watching in awe which makes me want to smile but I have to control myself and stay in character.

When I run off stage to change quickly, Erika helps me get changed.

"I saw Mario in the back." She says and I glare at her.

"Don't ruin my night by mentioning him." I say, before running back on the stage and continue my dance.

An hour later and it's all over.

We all go back on stage and smile for everyone and they stand up and clap and cheer for us.

Everyone throws flowers on stage making us all smile.

I then watch Mario walk up to the stage with a bouquet of red roses in his hands with the same letter envelope that Marco always sends me.

A wave of knowledge washes over me as I realise that Marco actually hadn't been sending me the flowers; it was Mario.

He smiles at me as he sits them down at the end of the stage but I only glance at him before bowing again for the crowd.

I then go backstage and get changed into a pair of jeans and a off the shoulder t-shirt. I keep my makeup on from the show because I can't be bothered taking it off and doing it again since we're going out to celebrate afterwards.

I walk with Herman and Erika out of the theatre where we meet the national team at the club.

Marco runs up to me and gives me a hug and lifts me up in the air with a laugh.

"You were amazing!" He shouts making me smile.

"Thanks, now come one, get me a fucking drink." I shout making everyone laugh.

"I'll get you one." Bastian says making me smile and the sit down with everyone and talk.

At the other side of the room I see Mario talking to his team mates. He smiles and laughs but when he looks over at me I quickly look away.

An hour later and I'm completely drunk.

"Hi Lia." A voice comes from next to me. I turn to look at the person and frown.

"Just because I'm slightly drunk, doesn't mean that I'm going to talk to you Mario." I say making him frown.

"Fine, but I just want you to know that you were amazing tonight. You looked beautiful." He smiles at me before walking away back to his friends.

-----------------------------

"So is today the day?" Marco asks.

"Yeah." I answer with a smile.

It was three months after the final night of the ballet and I have my life sorted out.

I was teaching at the ballet school which provided a good income for me so I was at a stable point in my life where I know where I am going in my life.

Today is the day where I'm going to the sperm donors to create a baby.

"I'm coming with you." Marco says standing up with me.

"Okay." I nod making him smile.

We both walk downstairs and into Marco's car where he then drives in the direction of the hospital.