Fourteen

I walk to Erika's front door and knock loudly.

"Coming!" I hear her shouts from inside. I rock in my heels and wait.

Today Erika and I are going wedding dress shopping for her and Herman's wedding.

"Bye baby!" She shouts to Herman and then shuts the door loudly behind her. "Hi Lia." My best friend shouts making me smile.

"Hi, are you ready to look for a wedding dress?" I ask and she nods excitedly.

Erika isn't the best bride. She didn't want any bridesmaid or a maid of honour, so I was quite offended at first but I go over it. But she still hadn't got a wedding dress and her wedding is in a month.

"Nope, I'm so unorganised but I did go into the shop last week and luckily the sample dresses fit me perfectly so they said I can try them on. And it's cheaper!" She says excitedly.

We walk down the stairs and out to my car.

"Do you know what type of dress you want?" I ask turning on the engine and drive out of her apartment block car park.

"I think I want a mermaid or a fit and flare because I never wear dresses like that and I want to try to show off my body a bit." She says so I nod and smile.

"No a princess dress?" I ask and she shakes her head quickly.

"I'm tiny, I want to wear my dress not it wearing me. It'd probably drown in it." She shouts making me laugh.

Erika then gives me directions to where I need to go for this bridal salon because I have no clue.

"Is Herman excited for the wedding?" I ask and she nods quickly.

"I've never seen a man so excited for a wedding before. It makes me really happy see him so happy to marry me. You need to find a guy soon Lia. Herman has some friends who are coming for the wedding; I could set you up." She shouts excitedly making me laugh and shake my head.

"I don't think so Erika. I don't think a guy is what I need right now." I say but she just shrugs her shoulders and then tells me where to go.

—————————————

When we arrive at the bridal salon Erika pulls me out of the car and drags me into the place as she lets out inhuman sounds of excitement.

"Hi!" Erika shouts making the shop assistants turn around to look at her.

Erika explains her situation to them so immediately they take her to the racks to look for dresses while another assistant takes me towards a chair and a mirror where I wait for Erika to come out.

I scroll through my phone and get comfy on the chair as I wait.

I text Marco about a family dinner later this weekend that Marco doesn't want to go to because he has arranged to go to the club with his friends but he knows my mom probably wouldn't speak to him for missing a family dinner.

"Lia!" I hear a voice shout my name making me put away my phone and look at her.

She's in a simple A-line dress, with simple beadwork trailing down the dress.

Erika has the biggest smile on her face as she walks out to meet me.

"I love this so much." She shouts as she stands on the small podium.

"It's beautiful." I smile at her in the mirror and she nods.

"I think this is it." She mutters.