Twenty Four

"You look absolutely beautiful." He whispers in my ear making me laugh.

"Really? Because here I am in lycra practicing ballet with a massive belly that could burst any moment." I say turning around to face Mario while wrapping his arms around my neck.

I went to the ballet studio today just to practice and keep healthy since I've put on a little weight over the time I've been pregnant.

"Yes. Every time I look at you I fall in love again and again." Mario smirks making me roll my eyes.

"You're so fucking cheesy." I shout making him laugh.

"You love it anyway." Mario smiles and kisses my lips quickly.

"I do. Are you not supposed to be at training?" I ask.

"Lia, training finished half an hour ago. I came to pick you up for our doctor's appointment."

"Shit! I forgot."

"It's fine, just come you're fine." Mario said and I shook my head.

"No I'm a sweaty mess." I say.

"Shut up Lia. You look beautiful." Mario kisses me again before we walk out of the studio room and I then went into the changing room to get my gym bag.

We then both walk to Mario's car and avoid the eyes of people who recognise Mario while some paparazzi are taking photos of us.

They ask questions about Ann-Kathrin.

They ask about Marco.

They ask about the babies.

But Mario and I both just ignore them.

The hospital is only a short drive away so we'll be there in only ten minutes.

When we arrive we get taken straight to the doctor's office where I go into a changing room and strip out of my ballet outfit and get changed into the hospital sheet gown.

Mario helps me get up onto the table so I lie back and the doctor fix my gown so I can get the gel on my belly for a an ultrasound.

"Well everything looks fine with the babies. They're due any day now so you'll be meeting them soon." The doctor smiles as he wipes away the gel.

"Would you mind if I look down below to see if everything is normal down there?" He asks sounding quite nervous.

"Sure." I smile before opening my legs so he can check.

He goes around carefully before looking up at us both.

"The babies might be coming sooner than you thought because you're dilated a few centimetres. We'll get you into a private room as soon as possible." I gasp and look up at Mario who is staring at the doctor in shock.

"Are you being serious?" Mario asks and the doctor nods.

"Yes, you might want to phone anyone from Dortmund right now if they want to be here." He smiled once again before leaving us alone.

"I need to phone my parents and siblings." I say as Mario goes and grabs both of our phones.

I phone my parents and siblings as quickly as I can. They all agree to travel down to Munich which is a five hour journey but they all wanted to come down. Marco was already driving to go to Pierre's but he cancelled and started driving straight to Munich.

I'm then moved to the opposite side of the hospital where the private room.

"Are there any contractions?" Mario asks while panting a little.