3.3 Swimming race

Nino Short story (A/N: This is a little short, so I am keeping it in the chapter)

Ayanokoji Kiyotaka. He seems trustworthy. But also mysterious. I can't see anything from him. Initially, He looked like an average guy with good looks. That's what I thought of him. But after seeing his skills, I concluded that he is exceptional. I was quite disillusioned when our tutor was going to be from our grade. I refused it. We were dumb at our studies in middle school. Even now, I don't want to study.

But Papa forced us to study. We were told that if we study and graduate from this school, we would get what jobs we wanted. So I accepted Ayanokoji to tutor us. After the chairman told him to show his abilities we saw something incredible. He cracked the S-system within a day, rigging his scores, I was astonished. He is a genius. No, a prodigy unlike us. Even his athletics skills were exceptional. But I always feel something uncomfortable with him. Why?

He never shows his emotions. He always speaks monotonously. There was one time I saw a crack in his composure. Yes, that's when I pried about his past. He sent me a glare that was so terrifying. His eyes were completely enveloped in darkness. He didn't show anger, no... there were no emotions inside him. I felt terror at that time. It was like death was glaring at me.

I felt odd at his behavior. It was like he is new to this world. He said his father was strict. But how does that mean he doesn't know what is cheap, what is pricey?

He was desperate for friends. Didn't he have any friends from childhood? Well, it's not that I like him, but I think he is a friend to me. His quotes are always wise. He even encourages us. But, I want to know who is Ayanokoji Kiyotaka? He is very hard to understand. Well, it's been only two days but how can someone be that talented and ignorant of his talents.

Maybe in the coming days, I will know him as a friend.

____________________________________________________________

Ayanokoji POV

A macho-looking middle-aged man, the kind of guy who apparently devoted himself to sports, gathered everyone together and started the class. He looked like a PE teacher, but also seemed like the kind of guy who was attractive to men and women alike.

I'd thought I should go. Suddenly Ichika called me and whispered to me

Ichika: "Kiyotaka-kun, I know you don't stand out. But I want to see how fast you swim. Don't hold back or I will send the video of you running to the whole school.

'This little...'

Kiyo: "You don't need to worry, I don't plan on holding back as usual. But Sudo and Hirata might be faster than me. Don't get your hopes up."

Ichika: "My woman intuition tells me you'll win if you don't hold back."

Kiyo: "That must be one hell of an intuition."

Nino: "Well, don't hold back and look like a bum in the race."

Yotsuba: "Nino, that's too harsh, you should apologize. But, I want to see how fast you are, Ayanokoji-san."

Nino: "Yotsuba, what I said was the truth."

Miku: "Ichika, don't blackmail Kiyotaka."

Itsuki: "Do your best out there."

Ichika: "Ara~ are you jealous, Miku? He looked so cool while sprinting. Don't worry. Big sis will send the video to you."

Miku: "I-i'm not jealous. But please send the video."

Kiyo: "Ichika, you are cute as well. No, you look so beautiful that every boy would fall for you if you just glance at them"

She tried to blackmail me, so I thought I should tease her for a while