7.4 SPECIAL EXAM! PART 2

Ayanokouji POV

Shortly after, Hirata and the others stopped.

"If we stop here, there's foliage blocking the sunlight, and it doesn't seem like we'll have to worry about anyone hearing us."

Some of the boys began teaming up, and it wasn't long before they had their own opinions that clashed with Hirata's.

"We ought to be moving, too, not leaving everything to Ike and the others. Don't you think? If another class captures one of the main spots, the point difference will widen."

"Yeah, you're right. We do need to get moving right away, but it's not a good idea to neglect our problems and scatter. First of all, we need to resolve the toilet question."

"That's why I'm saying we should just use the toilet that they gave us." Yukimura glared at the girls' group.

"I've thought it over, and I believe we should install one toilet first," Hirata said forcefully. Apparently, he was done being pushed around.

"You don't just get to decide. Ike also had an opinion."

"Shut up, four eyes." Nino mocked Yukimura

"Huh? What did you call me?"

"Are you deaf as well.? For us, girls using toilets is a necessary expense. If don't get proper hygiene we will get and it will force us to drop out from this exam. You think of yourself as a great scholar, but you are dumb as hell. Don't show off, damn lanky." Nino completely destroyed Yukimura which left him dumbfounded.

What Nino said was right? Yukimura couldn't find words to retort.

"Nino, don't be harsh. Yukimura-kun, I agree with my sister. We need to take care of our health as well." Itsuki backed up Nino.

"Please stop fighting," Hirata said.

"Fine. In that case, let's install one toilet."

In the end, Yukimura had been beaten. The Nakano's, Nino's group, and even Horikita all looked relieved.

"Sensei, if we wish to install a temporary toilet, can we decide where to have it installed?"

"As long as it's not on impossible terrain, it can be put anywhere. It's also possible to have it moved after installation, but it would take some time. It weighs about 100 or more kilos, thus requiring quite a bit of labor."

With one problem resolved, Hirata sighed in relief.

"Next. We've already heard some opinions, but I think we need to search around and decide where our base camp will be. Where we settle will impact how we consume our points," said Hirata, obviously trying to head another argument off at the pass.

We recruited volunteers, but barely got anyone to help. We ended up with only two guys. Most people weren't willing to enter such a sprawling forest. That was only natural.

"I wonder if anyone among us has expert survival skills?" said Hirata, holding onto a sliver of hope.

According to manga clichés which Yotsuba forced me to read, there was always that one person you could depend upon in times like these. Hirata checked our classmates, but everyone seemed reluctant to step forward. Just then, the Professor, who thus far had silently watched, raised his hand.

"Since childhood, my father trained me in a particular set of skills. He taught me to survive, even alone in the jungle... that is precisely how I would describe the type of character needed for this situation."

"Um, if you don't mind, I'll go."

Kushida volunteered herself. Suddenly the boys' eyes lit up, even though they'd refused to participate before. The formerly reluctant fellows stepped forward and volunteered, saying, "Me too, me too!" Some were probably motivated by goodwill for Kushida, while others might've been embarrassed that a girl had taken the initiative before them. I raised my hand, then Miku raised hers as Hirata started counting people.