VOLUME 1 SS: THE BIRTHDAY

MAY 5 (3 days before the Midterms)

Ichika POV

Ring!!

It's the alarm, huh? It's 5:00 am already?

I snoozed the alarm and woke up. Geez, I changed a lot, huh? I've made myself a moniker as the 'sleeping princess' in middle school. But, now I'm being punctual. Time really flies.

The reason I wake up every day was because of one person. Not one of my sisters, but for him.

'Ayanokouji Kiyotaka'

I don't know when did I become attracted to him. He always gives these mysterious vibes. The first time I saw his eyes, it was lifeless. I was worried for him. But, his talents are beyond ordinary. His perception and thinking were on another dimension. His intelligence easily exceeds high-school students. He even defeated Yotsuba who is the fastest runner in our middle school without a sweat.

Miku has a crush on him without a doubt. No, she is smitten with him. But, Kiyo-kun is surprisingly dense in love. When Nino said he doesn't know what does 'playing with tissues' means, I was baffled and started laughing. He is innocent. That's what I thought until we confronted Kushida-san.

He threatened that he would kill her. His true eyes which showed nothing but darkness sent chills in my spine. He is an enigma. What was his personality? What part of himself is true? The dark one or the calm and kind one? I think both of them are a part of himself. But,

WHO IS AYANOKOUJI KIYOTAKA?

Thinking about his face reddens my cheeks. Should I really support Miku? I never felt this kind of feeling before.

Our previous tutors were fed up with us. They even complained to our father and left the job to tutor us.

But, Kiyo-kun is different. He never wanted to tutor us. He just helps us study and guides us to the right path. He really is different.

He is always cool, calm, and super handsome.

Wait! What am I saying?

Calm down, Ichika. He is just a friend. But why my face gets red while thinking about him?

When the chairman asked him to tutor us so he can know human warmth. He immediately complied.

Did he not know human warmth? I've never seen that poker face of his getting cracked. Not once, I've never seen him showing any emotions.

I hope I can change his lifeless eyes filled with happiness.

I brushed my teeth and looked up at the calendar. It's May 5th.

May 5th? It's our birthday today. I even forgot our birthday due to the stress of midterms.

I immediately put all of my sisters to conference

Nino: "Ichika? What's up? Kiyo is waiting for us. We have to go faster.'

Her too? Is she really interested in him? That Nino? No, Nino really hates tutors. Wait, she wasn't even been hostile to Kiyo-kun. (A/N: Because he is Ayanogod. Making women fall for him is a simple task).

Ichika: " Do you girls remember what date today is?'

Miku: "I think it's May 5th."

Yotsuba: "Huh? Wait! Today's our—"

Itsuki: "Today's our birthday."

Ichika: "So even you girls forgot."

Nino: "How can't we? We were busy for preparing exams. Ah mouuu, I hope they will be finished faster."