9.1 Another Exam?

Ayanokouji POV

It'd been three days since the end of that special test on the island. No other exciting events had occurred aboard the luxurious cruise ship that the Advanced Nurturing High School had provided for us, and we were enjoying the respite.

All was gentle and peaceful until a bunny ribboned girl came and knocked on my room's door while I was reposing on my bed thinking about how I should plan to eat which ice cream today.

"Kiyotaka-san, let's roam around the cruise. Come on"

This girl is so rude. She came to my room and dragged me off somewhere.

When she dragged me outside I met a butterfly girl

"Why are you so damn lazy?"

"I'm not lazy. I just want to rest today. And, Yotsuba release me, I can walk."

"So, where are we going today?" I looked at Nino and asked.

"The girls invited me to explore this cruise with them. The other 3 are waiting for us. And, apparently, Hirata is also with them."

Hirata Yousuke, one of my cabin roommates, shook me from my reverie while I gazed at the sea. "I don't really have any reason to go out, you know. Why don't you let me stay in my room?"

Nino looked at me smugly "No way. Yotsuba, grab him. We are not letting him get away from us today."

Yotsuba saluted Nino and grabbed my wrist with high grip strength. I didn't feel pain because her grip strength is lower than mine, yet it is remarkable.

***

"You're early, Nino-san, Yotsuba-san. It seems that Ayanokouji-kun wants to participate with us as well." Said the prince of Class-D. Hirata Yosuke. His smile was enough to make girls fall for him, he might be hated by the guys in Class-D, but he is kind enough to make friends with any boy.

Due to his popularity, he is always bothered by girls. I sympathize with him.

Hirata opened the door as if to guide me, while we were standing outside the restaurant. Hirata was being his usual concerned self, but taking me out when I wasn't really that enthusiastic was odd. It seemed kind of forceful for Hirata, especially since he could normally read any situation well. He likely had some kind of ulterior motive. 

"Thank you for helping on the deserted island. I'm sorry I didn't thank you enough for helping to find the culprit, Ayanokouji-kun. We won because of you, I'm grateful for that."

"You don't need to apologize for that Hirata. You gave enough support. Without you, I'm sure the plan wouldn't work."

"I beg to differ, Kiyo." Nino proclaimed making Hirata confused.

"What do you mean, Nino-san?"

"He has more backup plans than you think." She grinned at me.

'You damn snitch'

"No. This time Hirata was helpful." I reasoned.

He sighed and said "We won the exam, so we don't need to discuss anymore it. I have a request for you, Ayanokouji-kun?" 

"Hmm?"

"I wondered if you would act as a bridge to help reach Horikita-san. After all, Class D will have to come together and work hard in the future, and I think Horikita-san will be indispensable."