048

MR

MR. WEASLEY'S ATTACK-048

Diana clutched her baby sister's hand as her and Ginny sit in the chair in Dumbledore's office. McGonagall had woken them up in the middle of the night and told them that Arthur was hurt.

"Harry, what's going on?" Ginny asked, looking frightened. "Professor McGonagall said you saw Dad hurt—"

"Your father has been injured in the course of his work for the Order of the Pheonix." Said Dumbledore before Harry could speak. "He has been taken to St.Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries. I am sending you back to Sirius's house, which is much more convenient for the hospital than the Burrow. You will meet your mother there.

"How're we going?" Fred asked, looking shaken. "Floo Powder?"

"No," Dumbledore shook his head. "Floo Powder is not safe at the moment, the Network is being watched. You will be taking a Portkey. We are just waiting for Phineas Nigellus to report back...I wish to be sure that the coast is clear before sending you—"

There was a flash of flame in the very middle of the office, leaving behind a single golden feather that floated gently to the floor.

"It is Fawkes's warning," Dumbledore said, catching the feather. "She must know you're out of bed...Minerva, go and tell her any story,"

McGonagall hurried out of the room in the flash as Phineas Nigellus came back and told Dumbledore that Sirius allowed them to come back. The old fool sent the Weasley-Blacks and Harry to Grimmauld Place. Diana landed on her feet, stumbling slightly before helping Harry up, who fell on his knees. He gave her a small smile and planted a kiss on her cheek.

"What's going on?" Sirius said as he walked into the living room. "Phineas Nigellus said Arthur's been badly injured—"

"Ask Harry," Fred snapped.

"Yeah, I want to hear this for myself," George said.

The twins, Sam, and Ginny were staring at him. Diana laced their hands together as Harry swallowed. "It was—I had a—a kind of—vision,"

He told them all that he had seen, though he altered the story so that it sounded as though he had watched from the sidelines as the snake attacked, rather than from behind the snake's own eyes.

"Is Mum and Aunt JoJo here?" Fred asked after a few silent moments.

"They probably don't even know what's happened yet," Sirius said, catching his kids' eyes. He beaconed them over and wrapped his arms tightly around their shoulders as they buried their face in his chest. "The important thing was to get you away before Umbridge could interfere. I expect Dumbledore's letting them know now,"