Future

I hate thinking about the future.
It has to be the most terrifying thing to think about.
Just imagine: having no idea what's going to happen, the risk of losing it all, and so many unexpected possibilities.
From a young age I thought I knew what I wanted in life. A family, a job, happiness. But the part I never really thought about is, how do we find happiness? What do we have to do to achieve that happiness? At some point the future will become the present and you have to make choices and go out into the world and do something.
You could travel the world, find your soulmate, get the job of your dreams, meet your idol, start a family. You could save a life, make a life, have a life. You could change the world.
And along the way, you could find and achieve happiness. I've learned that the future isn't predictable and nothing is written in stone.
Just imagine: having no idea what's going to happen, the chance of making it, and so many unexpected possibilities.
It has to be the most exhilarating thing to think about.
I love thinking about the future.
...
I've always thought I knew what my future held. But I've been learning that I don't know what's going to happen, and that may be scary but it's also really exciting. I'm waiting to see what the future brings.