Hiding

I've noticed that people always talk about how others say mean things anonymously on the computer. They leave mean comments, post rude pictures, and say terrible things. Most of the time, they don't get caught. The only punishment they suffer is the replies accusing them of being a coward and hiding behind the keyboard.
But aren't we all guilty of this?
Are we all just hypocrites?
Maybe you aren't the one bringing others down, but then again, maybe you are. But admit it: we all lie on the Internet.
We pretend to be happy. We pretend to be sad. We make friends with people we haven't met in person. We read something that makes us cry but for some reason it doesn't steer us away from the web in shock we have entangled ourselves in.
Everyone sits behind screens and pretends to be someone that they are not. Because truthfully we can only be ourselves when we talk to others in person.
Sure, there will be awkward pauses (a lot of awkward pauses) and words you wish you could take back and moments where it feels like the world is against you.
But you know what?
Embrace those moments! Be fearless and confident because why hide behind a keyboard when the world awaits?
...
I am personally a very awkward person and I am guilty of not putting myself out in the real world. This is something I want to change and I came up with the idea for this chapter in class but I had to wait to write till I got home. I'm glad that you are enjoying my thoughts left "unsaid" and I hope you all continue to read!