Truth

I need you to know the truth.
To hear what my thoughts and hopes and desires have been for the past six months.
To listen to the things I've been anxiously waiting to tell you.

You are the most amazing human being I have ever met. Never have I spoken with someone so kindhearted, honest, and charming. You've been somebody I can talk to about anything, anytime. You brought me out of my shell, for better or for worse, and allowed me to be whoever I chose to be. Your smart ass comments and gentle smile and reassuring agreements have been so important to me and so think you should know that. You've been my light.
On October 31st of 2017, when you and I stood outside in the cold fall night for hours and talked, I realized that I loved you.
I've dated a couple boys and talked to many, and never once have I said I loved any of them. I knew I didn't feel that way about those boys, even if they argued that they did. I wanted to save those special words to use when I really meant them.
And now I do.
I love you.
I care for you more than words can express and wish you the best of everything in this world. I'm positive you will do great things in your life and I cannot wait to see you accomplish your goals.
Even though we were never together, and we never will be, it's still important that you know how I feel.
It's important that you hear the truth.
You were the first boy I ever loved.
And I wouldn't want it any other way.